02/10 Pruett's Weekly Power Rankings: Will Pruett uses his biased eye and tremendous discernment to break down the top ten wrestlers in WWE, TNA, ROH, PWG... hell, the entire industry
By Will Pruett
These rankings are scientifically calculated by the Rank-o-matic 4000 and verified by four out of five top scientists in the wrestling arts. They are to be taken solemnly and with absolute seriousness.
1. Daniel Bryan. Great matches with Randy Orton and Antonio Cesaro are enough to boost Bryan to the number one slot once again. Bryan had a good week picking up wins and getting best up by Kane. With WrestleMania up in the air, Bryan could easily find his way very high on the card (and he should). Plus, his Seahawks won the Super Bowl. Good for him.
2. Bray Wyatt. On the mic, Bray is spectacular. In six man squash matches, Bray is spectacular. WWE has something special with this very interesting character and watching him get built up is awesome. Maybe we'll get lucky and his push into and coming out of WrestleMania will be compelling.
3. Samoa Joe. When Joe gets his intense face on, I'm convinced he will actually kill me. Joe is getting a chance to carry Impact as the No. 1 babyface right now and it's wonderful. It almost makes you wonder why he wasn't pushed this way for the last three years. Silly TNA, wasting opportunities.
4. Sheamus. The road to his comeback was difficult and beating up AxelBack isn't super compelling, but Sheamus looks like a million bucks. His ring work is exceptional. Now all he needs is his character to catch up. Hopefully his WrestleMania plan produces all sorts of fun.
5. MVP. The man no longer legally able to call himself Montel Vontavious Porter had a nice outing starting some brand new authority figure drama on Impact. Sure, nothing new or original is happening with this feud, but MVP looks good in a suit, can talk, and can give a mean fist bump.
6. Antonio Cesaro. I'm chill with WWE putting him against Daniel Bryan on every show (Raw, Smackdown, Main Event, Shotgun Saturday Night, Sunday Night Heat, Tuesday Night Titans, and Superstars) from now until the week after Elimination Chamber. His Smackdown match with Bryan actually made me watch Smackdown, which is quite the accomplishment.
7. TNA Stock. In TNA's fictional universe their stock must be at an all time high due to inflation from MVP's massive buying of it. If you're a fictional TNA stockholder, you need to sell now!
8. Emma. Look at her, dancing her heart out. It was a sub-par debut, but I'm a big fan of NXT call-ups. Hopefully they can make this character connect with WWE fans the way it connected with NXT fans. A feud with Summer Rae could be just what both ladies need.
9. Steel Cages. I don't want to get all nostalgic about steel cages here, but the most exciting thing about them these days has to be the music played as they lower. I have no idea who composed the consistently anxiety producing music WWE uses, but it is brilliant enough to land the cage on this list.
10. Batista. Who doesn't want to cheer a wrestler who needs an in-arena-only promo to tell people he LOVES the College Baseball World Series? Something is really pleasurable about watching Batista fail. I'm a bad person for enjoying this.
Just missing the cut: Randy Orton, Christian, Ethan Carter III, Richard Sherman, The Shield, Bobby Roode, Triple H, Kane, and El Torito.
Nowhere near this list: Peyton Manning, Dixie Carter, Rockstar Spud, Kurt Angle, R-Truth, AxelBack, Middle Aged Outlaws, Cody Rhodes, Goldust, Abyss, Eric Young, Gunner, and B-Boy.
Will Pruett writes about wrestling in a facetious and often humorous way. Feel free to email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or to follow him and interact on twitter at twitter.com/itswilltime.
RECOMMEND THIS ARTICLE:
READ OUR INSIDER NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! BECOME A MEMBER FOR JUST $7.50 A MONTH (or less with a year-long sub) - GET THE FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE INSIDER DOT NET NEWS, TONS OF EXCLUSIVE AUDIO CONTENT, MEMBER MESSAGE BOARD ACCESS, START YOUR OWN BLOG, AND VIEW THE SITE WITHOUT ANY ADVERTISING: SIGN ME UP (or MORE INFO)
RELATED ARTICLES FROM MGID AFFILIATE SITES...
Pruett Editorials • Latest Five Articles
|03/30 Pruett's Weekly Power Rankings: Will Pruett uses his biased eye and tremendous discernment to break down the top ten wrestlers in WWE, TNA, ROH, PWG... hell, the entire industry
|Pruett's Pause: WWE Raw - Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker cannot create doubt and cannot sell The Streak, a whole lot of heel talking without a babyface response, two weeks until WrestleMania, and more!
|03/23 Pruett's Weekly Power Rankings: Will Pruett uses his biased eye and tremendous discernment to break down the top ten wrestlers in WWE, TNA, ROH, PWG... hell, the entire industry
|Pruett's Pause: TNA Impact Wrestling - MVP refuses to fix anything and is apparently powerless, Magnus squeaks by Samoa Joe, nothing ever changes, and more!
|Pruett's Pause: WWE Raw - It's time to get super serious and watch some music videos at WrestleMania hype continues, Triple H gets himself that old school heel heat on Daniel Bryan, and more!
|03/16 Pruett's Weekly Power Rankings: Will Pruett uses his biased eye and tremendous discernment to break down the top ten wrestlers in WWE, TNA, ROH, PWG... hell, the entire industry