4/6 Chikara results: Jushin 'Thunder' Liger and Mike Quckenbush vs. Jigsaw and The Shard, Eddie Kingston vs. Hallowicked or the Chikara Grand Championship
Chikara Pro Wrestling
Secaucus, New Jersey at Meadowlands Expo Center
Report by Dot Net contributor Zack Zimmerman Twitter.com/zzimm22.
Huge crowd for this show, I would guess about 3,000 fans in attendance.
1. Saturyne beat Kobald with a 1-2-3 Kid moonsault. Usually, I'm not a fan of man vs. woman, but this was very well done.
2. Batiri won a four-way elimination tag over The Throwbacks, Devastation Corporation, and Ultramantis Black & Blind Rage. The Corporation eliminated Dasher after the Death Blow. Immediately after, Ultramantis rolled up Blaster to eliminate the Corporation. Batiri hit a double inverted GTS to get the win and their 3rd point towards the Campeones de Parejas.
Ophidian has a leg injury, so his match with Amasis didn't go on as planned. They bantered until the rest of The Batiri came down to beat up Amasis. Ophidian was about to spray venom, but Amasis punched him and he swallowed it, selling it by being carried out unconscious. The Batiri hit their finisher on Amasis to leave him laying.
3. FIST (Chuck Taylor, Johnny Gargano, Icarus, and Sugar Dunkerton) beat 3.0, Gran Akuma, and Marty Jannetty. Icarus hooked the Inverted Chikara Special on Shane Matthews for the win. This was the funniest, most entertaining 8-man I've ever seen. Memorable spots includes an 8-man suplex, a "human centipede" of figure-four necklock, and a mid-match dancing breakdown between Dunkerton and Janetty.
Post match, there was distention between the members of FIST, hinting towards a slow building face turn for Icarus. Dunkerton stayed in the ring to thank Marty, Akuma, and 3.0.
4. Archibald Peck beat Tim Donst with a diving headbutt. Archie is crazy over with the Chikara crowd, and Donst's character contrasts that perfectly. This match was great fun, with Archie asking "Who wants to see my new move!?" And hitting a DDT, and "WHO WANTS TO SEE MY FINISHER!?" before hitting it.
Director of Fun Wink Vavaseur introduced The Colony: Extreme Force. (Arctic Rescue Ant, Missile Assault ant, and Orbit Adventure Ant).
5. Colony: Xtreme Force and Soldier Ant beat The Colony (Red Ant, Green Ant, and AssailANT) and Frightmare in an 8-man tag team match. Good, albeit confusing action in this one. Finish came after Extreme Force unmasked Frightmare and rolled him up. All the babyface ants covered him up until he could re-mask.
6. Eddie Kingston beat Hallowicked to retain the Chikara Grand Championship. Crowd 70/30 for Hallowicked. Good match, but not great. Kingston won with the Backdrop Driver and Backfist to the Future.
7. Mike Quakenbush and Jushin 'Thunder' Liger beat Jigsaw and The Shard. Liger was the most over guy thus far at any of the WrestleCon shows, and this match was completely off the charts. It'll be tough for any match this weekend to top what these four did. Just stellar.
Overall, this was the best Chikara show I've ever been to, and likely one of the best they've ever put on. It was an attendance record for any Chikara show, and the workers noticeably stepped it up to meet the occasion. Generally, Chikara doesn't translate on video quite as well, but I absolutely recommend ordering the VOD or DVD of this show. Worth it for the main event alone.
RECOMMEND THIS ARTICLE:
READ OUR INSIDER NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! BECOME A MEMBER FOR JUST $7.50 A MONTH (or less with a year-long sub) - GET THE FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE INSIDER DOT NET NEWS, TONS OF EXCLUSIVE AUDIO CONTENT, MEMBER MESSAGE BOARD ACCESS, START YOUR OWN BLOG, AND VIEW THE SITE WITHOUT ANY ADVERTISING: SIGN ME UP (or MORE INFO)
RELATED ARTICLES FROM MGID AFFILIATE SITES...