7/27 OVW TV taping: Mike Mondo vs. Johnny Spade in a No. 1 contenders match, Paredyse vs. Tony Gunn for the OVW TV Title
OVW TV Taping Results/Spoilers
Taped on July 27th, 2011. To air on July 30th, 2011.
The Davis Arena in Louisville, Kentucky
Report by Jason Saint
1. Alex Silva defeated Chase King by pinfall following a knee lariat.
2. Silvio (with Mo Green) defeated Benjamin Bray by submission.
The show started with Johnny Spade coming to the ring, calling out Mike Mondo. Mondo shows up with his attorney Christian Mascagni, who antagonizes Spade, says Spade is the "scapegoat for the rookie" (referring to Jason Wayne). OVW Heavyweight Champion Jason Wayne enters the fray, telling Mondo and Spade that he doesn't care who he faces, that he'd be ready for a triple threat right then. Mondo refuses. Spade challenges Mondo for a match with the Number One Contendership on the line. Mondo agrees after Spade says the boys in the back call him a "scared little cheerleader".
Backstage, Brittany DeVore interviews Michael Hayes, who says that he's determined to get his prosthetic leg back from Mohamad Ali Vaez. Brittany asks if that was good, then the camera drifts around to reveal Benjamin Bray, who Brittany walks out of the frame with. Next, we see Ted McNaler talking with Adam Revolver. McNaler states that he's to team with The Fat & The Furious later, to Revolver's dismay. They leave, in comes Johnny Spade who is bothered by Raphael Constantine, informing Spade that he's on strike. Spade blows him off then finds a teddy bear and a letter, apparently from Tony Gunn, thanking Spade for being in his corner the week before.
1. Paredyse defeated Tony Gunn to retain the OVW Television Championship. During the match, Tony kept looking to ringside for Johnny Spade to arrive, and Raphael Constantine was seen walking around outside the ring, picketing that he's the "Rightful Television Champion".
Backstage, Christian Mascagni is talking to Mondo about how Mondo needs to worry about business IN the ring, and Mascagni would take care of the rest.
2. Mohamad Ali Vaez defeated Elvis Pridemoore by pinfall following a neckbreaker. Afterward, Ali assured Mike Hayes that he would be taking Hayes out of commission at the Saturday Night Special. (August 6th, 2011)
Backstage, Paredyse is shown at the Blossom Twins' tea party, which is interrupted by Epiphany. Epiphany is blown off by the group, and the camera catches Mascagni talking with two up-and-comers (Brandon Espinosa and Aiden Young). Mascagni pays the two.
Gilbert Corsey comes into the ring to bring out Rudy Switchblade and Jamin Olivencia. The two have been ordered by the board of directors to sign a "no touch clause", due to the two causing multiple injuries to innocent bystanders during their scuffles. Jamin spoke down to Rudy, then signed, which prompted Rudy to attack Jamin before signing. Rudy ended with "I would help you up but... contracts."
3. The Fat and the Furious (Trailer Park Trash & Jack Black) and Ted McNaler defeated Bolin Services 2.0 (Rocco Bellagio, Raul LaMotta, and James "Moose" Thomas, accompanied by Christopher Bolin, Mo Green, and Andrew Patton) following outside interference from Adam Revolver. Revolver came in to attempt to help B.S. win, seemingly, but it was thwarted when Randy Terrez interfered to give the chair shot to Raul LaMotta. After the match, the team of B.S. 2.0 beat down the opposition.
Backstage, Christian Mascagni is shown paying off Andreas Rossi.
4. Johnny Spade defeated Mike Mondo for the Number One Contender spot at SNS for Jason Wayne's OVW Heavyweight Championship. During the match, multiple things happened to knock out various referees, during which Brandon Espinosa, Aiden Young, and Andreas Rossi would come in to attempt to beat up Johnny Spade. After a few instances of this, Jason Wayne entered the fray to even the odds, knocking out the three interferences. Johnny Spade went over clean, following a superkick.
1. Lennox Norris and Nick Dumeyer defeated Aiden Young and Brandon Espinosa.
2. Jason Wayne, Jimbo Onoo, and a partner whose name I didn't catch defeated Adam Revolver, "Hot Shot" Danny Duggan, and AJ Sanchez.
Jason Wayne helping even the odds.
Mike Mondo & Christian Mascagni
Bolin Services 2.0
RECOMMEND THIS ARTICLE:
READ OUR INSIDER NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! BECOME A MEMBER FOR JUST $7.50 A MONTH (or less with a year-long sub) - GET THE FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE INSIDER DOT NET NEWS, TONS OF EXCLUSIVE AUDIO CONTENT, MEMBER MESSAGE BOARD ACCESS, START YOUR OWN BLOG, AND VIEW THE SITE WITHOUT ANY ADVERTISING: SIGN ME UP (or MORE INFO)
RELATED ARTICLES FROM MGID AFFILIATE SITES...
MISC Live Events • Latest Five Articles
|12/7 Full Impact Pro results: Los Ben Dejos vs. The Bravados in an anything goes match, Rich Swann and Roderick Strong vs. Andrew Everett and Caleb Konley for the FIP Tag Titles
|12/7 Dreamwave Wrestling results: Chris Hero, Arik Cannon, Gangrel among the notable names, A.J. Styles and The American Wolves announced for upcoming event
|12/07 Wrestling Cares Association "Race for the Ring" Semifinals Report - Adam Cole vs. Steve Anthony, Johnny Gargano vs. Papadon, Golden Gate Tag Team Championship, and more!
|11/30 WrestleCade 2013: A full report on the Fan Fest and live show featuring NWA legends, former WWE stars, current TNA and independent stars including Carlito vs. Matt Hardy in a ladder match for the first WrestleCade Championship
|11/30 Heavy on Wrestling results: Mad Dog Vachon tribute featuring former AWA stars, TNA's Mr. Anderson replaces Perry Saturn, Rikishi and Renny D vs. Ariya Daivari and Armando Estrada
|11/29 AIW "Hell on Earth 9" results: TNA wrestlers Ethan Carter III and Zema Ion, Kevin Steen vs. Johnny Gargano, big tag match for control of the company