12/26 WWE in Chicago results: C.M. Punk vs. The Shield in a handicap match, Chicago fans like dancing more than wrestling, Miz and Kofi Kingston team up again
Dot Net reader D.J. is at the WWE live event in Chicago, Illinois and is passing along the following report. Refresh the page for the latest updates.
1. Dolph Ziggler defeated Ryback. Ziggler did the point to Ryback to get boos and himself to get cheers. Ryback did the jackhammer, which got the Goldberg chants going again. Ryback hit the Meathook and went for Shellshocked, but Ziggler countered with a rollup for the win in 12 minutes.
Wade Barrett delivered a taped promo about NBA star Derrick Rose being hurt.
2. Natalya defeated A.J. Lee (w/Tamina) in a non-title match. A.J. said her gift to herself was she wasn't defending the Divas Title. Natalya won in seven minutes with the Sharpshooter. Yawn.
There was a special edition of Miz Tv with Kofi Kingston. He said he's been having tif with someone in WWE. Someone yelled Maryse. They aired their differences. Vickie Guerrero came out. I couldn't hear her because the boos were so loud. Miz and Kofi wouldn't stop laughing. This led to a match with the Prime Time Players.
3. The Prime Time Players defeated The Miz and Kofi Kingston. Kofi and Miz tagged each other in with Flair chops. Miz sold and tagged Kofi for the hot tag, but the PTP's ended up taking him down. Miz alligator armed Kofi again only for Miz to come back and take Titus O'Neil's sit down power bomb. The Players won in about 12 minutes. They did the Millions of Dollars dance with Kofi.
4. Bad News Barrett beat Tyson Kidd. Nothing really noteworthy. Barrett won with the Bullhammer Elbow in eight minutes. The crowd sat on their hands more during this match than they did during the Divas match.
5. Daniel Bryan and The Uso Brothers defeated The Wyatt Family in a six-man cage match. At about four minutes, Luke Harper launched one of the Uso's to the top of the cage and he got out. At six minutes, Bray Wyatt walked out of the door. At nine minutes, both Erick Rowan and the other Uso went over the top. At 15 minutes, Bryan escaped over the top. Pretty good cage match with Bryan hitting his spots. A lot of Yes! Chants and the Uso's along with Bryan doing the Us-o chant.
6. Big E Langston defeated Damien Sandow and R-Truth in a Triple Threat to retain the Intercontinental Title. Sandow left and went to the back. He came back to hide under the ring. There were "let's go Sandow/Sandow sucks" chants between the kids and adults. Langston hit the Big Ending for the win in about 10 minutes. Pretty weak match. Big E sold mostly of out of the ring after hitting the turnbuckle with his shoulder.
Mark Henry defeated Fandango in a dance off. Fans were given a chance to choose between a dance off and a regular match. 53 percent of Chicago fans are idiots. Dance off it was. Fandango danced and got booed. Mark Henry danced to Billie Jean and started to moonwalk only to be attacked by Fandango. Henry fought back and did the WSS. And danced to more Billie Jean to end it.
7. C.M. Punk defeated The Shield in a handicap match. First of all, find me an arena louder then Chicago for their hometown guy. The ovation for Punk in Chicago is ridiculous. A "let's go Blackhawks" chant broke out with Punk in his Hawks gear. A few minutes into the match, Reigns checked in and worked over Punk, who took a beating between the three. Punk started his come back at about 15 minutes and hit a cool neck breaker and DDT on both Rollins and Ambrose. He went for the GTS only to be distracted by Rollins and Ambrose kicked out.
Rollins went for a top rope crossbody, but Punk rolled through and locked in the Anaconda Vice. Ambrose broke it up and went for a superplex, but Punk shoved him off and hit the elbow drop. A little later, Punk hit the GTS on Ambrose for the win in 20 minutes. Cue Chelsea Dagger. Punk got on the mic to apologize for not bring here last year and someone told him he sucked. Punk let him have it.
Overall, it was a decent show. It was my first house show in a while. Loudest ovation was for Punk by far. Vickie's heat is ridiculous.
We are looking for correspondents for Thursday's MSG live event, as well as the WWE and TNA weekend live events. If you can help, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECOMMEND THIS ARTICLE:
READ OUR INSIDER NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! BECOME A MEMBER FOR JUST $7.50 A MONTH (or less with a year-long sub) - GET THE FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE INSIDER DOT NET NEWS, TONS OF EXCLUSIVE AUDIO CONTENT, MEMBER MESSAGE BOARD ACCESS, START YOUR OWN BLOG, AND VIEW THE SITE WITHOUT ANY ADVERTISING: SIGN ME UP (or MORE INFO)
RELATED ARTICLES FROM MGID AFFILIATE SITES...