11/6 WWE in Belfast, Northern Ireland results: Randy Orton vs. Big Show for the WWE Championship, Dolph Ziggler vs. Damien Sandow in a No DQ match, disappointment over Daniel Bryan being pulled from the show
WWE Live Event
Belfast, Northern Ireland at The Odyssey Arena
Report by Dot Net reader Matthew Macklin
I'd say the building was roughly 80 percent full. Justin Roberts was the ring announcer.
1. Santino Marella defeated Fandango (w/Summer Rae). Exactly what you'd expect, the usual comedy stuff from both. Santino won with the Cobra.
2. Los Matadores beat The Real Americans (w/Zeb Colter). Zeb was great on the mic beforehand, including pretending that he thought he was in Dublin. The match itself was really good and was given plenty of time. El Torito did a good job of getting the crowd involved with some huge Ole chants (what else would you expect I'm Ireland?). Cesaro is a beast live, he did the giant swing, which must have lasted for nearly a minute. Los Matadores got the win when they hit their finish on Swagger. After the match, the bull gored Zeb.
3. Natalya defeated Aksana. It was as bad as you'd expect, it was far too long. Natalya won with a Sharpshooter. Nobody cared. In fact I forgot to put it in this report and had to go back once I remembered.
4. Kofi Kingston over The Miz. This was great from start to finish. Miz came out and turned heel by saying how no matter how much he gets beat down the fans always cheer the guy that's kicking his ass (very true). He said he was sick of it and that he would once again be "Awesome" great promo! It's about time they turned Miz. The match itself was REALLY good. Miz showed fire that I haven't seen in months. He worked over Kofi's knee for most of the match and their were some quality near falls towards the end, including Miz keeping Kofi in the figure four for a few minutes as he scrambled for the ropes. Kofi won with Trouble in paradise out of nowhere.
5. Cody Rhodes, Goldust and Big E Langston defeated The Shield. This match was excellent, The Shield got a big pop coming out as did the tag champions. Big E is an absolute powerhouse up close, WWE have something with him. Lots of great back and forth action, The Shield are so so good. The finish sequence was madness with bodies flying everywhere. Cody pinned Ambrose when he countered a roll up into one of his own. Big E got a good reaction afterwards.
6. Wade Barrett beat Zack Ryder. This was pretty much a squash. Barrett won with the Bull Hammer Elbow. Nobody cared about this either. Zack Ryder can't possibly fall any further.
7. Damien Sandow defeated Dolph Ziggler in a No DQ match. Another top notch match. Sandow cut a brilliant promo before hand insisting that he was still the "uncrowned champion". Ziggler got arguably the biggest pop of the night proving that no matter how much WWE crap all over him, the fans will still let their voices be heard. Lots of Kendo stick (just like EVERY No DQ match in WWE for the last three years) and chair shots. Sandow was hilarious screaming at little kids at ringside as he worked over Dolph. Ziggler is as good as anyone! Lots of great near falls towards the end including Sandow going thorough a table in the corner. Sandow won with his full Nelson slam.
8. Big Show defeated Randy Orton by DQ in a WWE Championship match. A mixed reaction for Orton and a huge pop for Show. The match itself was better than expected, but I couldn't have cared less about it. The Shield ran in and caused a DQ. Show chokeslammed them all and KO'd Orton to send everyone home happy.
Notes: A very good show over all given the severely weakened roster. I was very disappointed that Bryan wasn't there given that he was advertised up until three days ago, Including localized TV promos. WWE should not be running two shows on these tours, the roster just isn't strong enough and it's no ones fault except WWE. They announced that they would be back on May 21, so it looks like the post WrestleMania European tour next year will be a month later.
RECOMMEND THIS ARTICLE:
READ OUR INSIDER NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! BECOME A MEMBER FOR JUST $7.50 A MONTH (or less with a year-long sub) - GET THE FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE INSIDER DOT NET NEWS, TONS OF EXCLUSIVE AUDIO CONTENT, MEMBER MESSAGE BOARD ACCESS, START YOUR OWN BLOG, AND VIEW THE SITE WITHOUT ANY ADVERTISING: SIGN ME UP (or MORE INFO)
RELATED ARTICLES FROM MGID AFFILIATE SITES...
WWE Live Events • Latest Five Articles
|3/29 WWE in Charlottesville results: No John Cena leads to refund offer, The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family, Daniel Bryan vs. Kane, Dolph Ziggler and Emma vs. Fandango and Summer Rae, Sheamus vs. Damien Sandow, Big Show
|3/28 WWE in Raleigh results: Jonny Fairplay’s live perspective, Bray Wyatt's different look (photo included), John Cena, Goldust, and Cody Rhodes vs. The Wyatt Family, Big E vs. The Miz vs. Kofi Kingston for the IC Title
|3/21 WWE in Bridgeport results: The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family, Randy Orton vs. John Cena in a cage match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, Alberto Del Rio vs. Sheamus, Alicia Fox vs. Aksana
|3/16 WWE in Corpus Christi results: "Daniel Bryan alone couldn't save this from being the most boring card I have ever been to in 25-plus years" - Big Show vs. Christian, Big E vs. The Miz for the IC Title, Great Khali vs. Brodus Clay
|3/15 WWE in Austin results: Mark Henry talks retirement, Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio in the best match of the night, Randy Orton vs. John Cena in a cage match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
|3/9 WWE in Jonesboro results: Batista and John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton, The Uso Brothers vs. Goldust and Cody Rhodes vs. Ryback and Curtis Axel for the WWE Tag Team Championship