10/5 WWE live event in Albany, NY: Los Matadores with El Torito vs. 3MB, Great Khali vs. Jinder Mahal, The Wyatt Family vs. The Usos, CM Punk vs. Curtis Axel
WWE Live Event
October 5, 2013 in Albany, N.Y.
Report by DotNet Staffer Zim
Not great attendance at the Times Union Center. The floor and lower bowl were probably 75 percent full. Lots of children and child-like adults.
1. The Great Khali pinned Jinder Mahal after a brain chop.
Paul Heyman appeared on the screen and cut a promo. He said everyone from NYC is embarrassed that Albany is the capital of NY. He wants Albany to secede from New York. Axel says tonight, he's going to beat C.M. Punk.
Josh Matthews announced a poll on whether Punk vs. Axel would be two-out-of-three falls or No DQ.
2. Natalya and Kaitlyn beat AJ and Tamina when AJ tapped to the sharpshooter. This one got more time and featured better action than we typically see from the Divas in TV matches.
Damien Sandow came out and cut a promo about how he came to Albany with low expectations, yet was still let down. He challenged any ignoramus in the back to a match. I hoped for some NXT talent, but the ignoramus happened to be Justin Gabriel.
3. Justin Gabriel beat Damien Sandow in about 10 minutes. Standard match. Afterwards, Sandow wanted the kids to know he's okay, he's still the MitB contract holder, and he's still the uncrowned world champion.
The Wyatt Family appeared on the screen and Bray said they've come to change things. He said they're revolutionaries, and said that The Usos pose a very real threat to their revolution, so they're going to take them out tonight.
4. Los Matadores (w/ El Torito) beat 3MB (Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre) with their double rack drop. Post match, Slater went after El Torito, but Torito evaded and hit a great diving rana on Slater. The kids were into Torito, especially by the end of the segment.
5. Rob Van Dam beat Alberto Del Rio by DQ. RVD was over big-time with the crowd. After a good, competitive match, ADR hit a low blow to retain the World Title the easy way. Post-match, RVD hit the Van Daminator and put the World Title plate-up on Del Rio before hitting the 5-Star Frogsplash.
Damien Sandow's music hit and he teased a cash-in, but ate a superkick and a 5-Star Frogsplash from RVD. RVD celebrated with the crowd through two cycles of his entrance theme.
15 minute intermission.
Zack Ryder was out to crickets. Ryback came out and said Ryder had peer-pressured Josh Matthews into a handshake. Ryback said "the big guy" hates bullies, and proceeded to tear Matthews down for being tiny and pathetic. Ryback said he was going to make things alright for Matthews. Funny stuff.
6. Ryback beat Zack Ryder with the Shellshock in a glorified squash.
7. The Wyatt Family (w/ Bray Wyatt) beat The Usos. Harper got his knees up on an Uso splash and followed up with the discus clothesline for the win after a solid back-and-forth match. Post-match, Wyatt delivered Sister Abigail to one of the Usos.
The main event poll was revealed and the result was a no-DQ match. Paul Heyman cut a promo in the ring and reminded everyone that he had beaten C.M. Punk with both hands tied behind his back. Heyman said that after they got through with Punk, he'd be as useless as a woman from Albany. Pop of the night for C.M. Punk. He pointed out a sign that said "Paul-rus Heyman." Funny.
8. C.M. Punk beat Curtis Axel (w/ Paul Heyman) in a no-DQ match. The match built to Punk eventually getting to use a kendo stick on both Axel and Heyman. Punk hit the GTS and scored the pinfall clean to send the crowd home happy.
Rob Van Dam
Alberto Del Rio
RECOMMEND THIS ARTICLE:
READ OUR INSIDER NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! BECOME A MEMBER FOR JUST $7.50 A MONTH (or less with a year-long sub) - GET THE FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE INSIDER DOT NET NEWS, TONS OF EXCLUSIVE AUDIO CONTENT, MEMBER MESSAGE BOARD ACCESS, START YOUR OWN BLOG, AND VIEW THE SITE WITHOUT ANY ADVERTISING: SIGN ME UP (or MORE INFO)
RELATED ARTICLES FROM MGID AFFILIATE SITES...