7/19 WWE NXT in Jacksonville results: The Wyatt Family appear, Adrian Neville and Corey Graves vs. Sami Zayn and Kassius Ohno for the NXT Tag Titles, Emma, Bailey, and Charlotte vs. Paige, Kendall, and Sasha
WWE NXT live event
Jacksonville, Florida at The Armory
Report by Dot Net reader Ed Lay
First time NXT has come to Jacksonville, there was probably around 100 to 150 people in attendance. Three to four rows of chairs set up on each side of the ring. Fun, energetic crowd that got into most of the matches and creating chants and taunts which the wrestlers reacted to accordingly. The ring announce girls were pretty awful though and you often couldn't make out what they were saying over the entrance music.
1. Unknown Wrestler defeated Knuckles Madsen. The unknown wrestler was a fat guy who wore a loin cloth and spoke in a foreign language. There was not much to this match. The guys mostly worked attacks on the ropes and turnbuckles. Knuckles got heckled quiet a bit and reacted by shouting taunts back at the crowd. Knuckles lost after a slam move by the unknown guy.
2. Aiden English and Danny Burch defeated CJ Parker and Jason Jordan. This was a fun match with good energy. CJ Parker was oddly interesting. He was sporting dreads and acting like he was high on drugs, often zoning out and dancing. English cut a promo prematch about how he was going to deliver a creative masterpiece. A lot of English working over Parker. Burch and Jordan didn't get much offense in. English won when he rolled up Parker and put his feet on the ropes, while Burch and Jordan were knocked out at ringside.
3. Mojo Rawley defeated Mike Dalton. Dalton had a Zoolander/90s Edge and Christian type character. He came to the ring taking pictures of himself with an iPhone, even had the ring girl take one of him. This led to a 'You're not pretty' chant by the crowd, to which Dalton played up well. Mojo, who reminds of a frat boy version of Goldberg, hit the ring to a big pop. Dalton told Mojo not to attack his face and the referee took a few minutes to get Dalton to put his cell phone away. Mojo won by countout when Dalton left because Mojo wouldn't stop hitting his 'pretty' face.
4. Paige, Kendall, and Sasha defeated Emma, Bailey, and Charlotte. Paige, Kendall, and Sasha were solid in the ring, especially Paige. However Emma, Bailey, and Charlotte were awful and botched several moves by reacting before there was contact. Paige hit her finisher on Charlotte to win the match.
5. Xavier Woods defeated Scott Dawson (w/Sylvester Lefort). Lefort came out prematch a cut a promo about how he has purchased the best fighter in NXT and introduced Scott Dawson who was booed heavily. Xaiver Woods came out to a decent pop. The match was 15 minutes and was 10 minutes too long. There was a lot of rope running and Woods working Dawson's arm. The only highlight was Dawson superplexing Woods. Woods won after hitting a sloppy finisher.
6. Adrian Neville and Corey Graves defeated Sami Zayn and Kassius Ohno to retain the NXT Tag Titles. Zayn and Ohno got huge pops and chants of Generico and Hero. Neville and Graves got a so-so reaction. This was the only match that had a lot of quality moves to it. There were lots of flips, brutal kicks, and top rope work by Neville and Sami. Hero appeared to be out of shape and possibly hurt. He didn't do much during the match. Graves was unimpressive and appeared very green. Neville and Sami were amazing, both guys could be on the main roster and they worked very well together. Neville pinned Sami after a brutal huracanrana to retain the titles.
Post match, Neville tried to shake hands with Sami and Ohno, who declined and left the to the back. Suddenly, Erick Rowan and Luke Harper stormed the ring to a HUGE reaction from the crowd and beat down the tag champs Neville and Graves. The Wyatt music hit and Bray came to the ring. Bray helped continue the beatdown hitting his finisher on both men, and then cut a promo about destroying the system and crushing all of our heroes until there are none left.
Overall, it was a fun show with a lot of OK wrestling, but the main event and the Wyatt Family appearance was worth the $20 to get in and sit upfront.
RECOMMEND THIS ARTICLE:
READ OUR INSIDER NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! BECOME A MEMBER FOR JUST $7.50 A MONTH (or less with a year-long sub) - GET THE FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE INSIDER DOT NET NEWS, TONS OF EXCLUSIVE AUDIO CONTENT, MEMBER MESSAGE BOARD ACCESS, START YOUR OWN BLOG, AND VIEW THE SITE WITHOUT ANY ADVERTISING: SIGN ME UP (or MORE INFO)
RELATED ARTICLES FROM MGID AFFILIATE SITES...