3/29 WWE SuperShow in Springfield: John Cena, Big Show, and Sheamus vs. The Shield, Ryback vs. Mark Henry in an over the top challenge, Wade Barrett vs. R-Truth vs. The Miz for the Intercontinental Title
WWE SuperShow live event
Springfield, Mass. at MassMutual Center
Report by Dot Net contributor Zack Zimmerman
A good crowd. WrestleMania season brings the casuals out. 8,000-9,000 in attendance. Nothing but $17 tickets were available at the box office.
1. Team Hell No beat 3MB (Slater and Mahal w/ McIntyre). Hell No played up tension throughout the match and the crowd loved every minute of it. Kane chokeslammed Slater while Mahal was in the No! Lock for the win.
After the match, Bryan and Kane both did the "I am the Tag Team Champions" schtick. Bryan got upset and was about to leave, but Kane pulled him back and they hugged it out. The crowd had so much fun with the opener.
2. Wade Barrett beat R-Truth and The Miz to retain Intercontinental Title. This match was slow, long, and boring. Miz hit the SCF on Truth but Barrett snuck in for the win. Crowd killer. The Shield ran in and cleared out the babyfaces. They powerbombed Miz and cut a short promo to decent heat.
The Del Rio and Rodriguez spoof vignette aired, and the crowd couldn't wait for it to end.
3. Alberto Del Rio and Antonio Cesaro ended in a DQ. The match ended when Jack Swagger attacked Del Rio. Kofi Kingston evened the odds and cleared the heels from the ring.
Vickie Guerrero came out to deafening heat. She decided to make it a tag match, and the crowd decided they liked her.
4. Alberto Del Rio and Kofi Kingston defeated Antonio Cesaro and Jack Swagger. This match went a bit too long and extended periods of slow action dragged the crowd down. Del Rio got the Cross Armbreaker on Cesaro for the win.
After the match, Swagger came back and attacked Del Rio. He didn't actually get in any shots, as Del Rio went right for the Armbreaker. Swagger sandbagged Del Rio by staying on his feet, so Del Rio cranked the arm and Swagger eventually went with it. Del Rio looked hot afterwards, seemed like a clear miscommunication.
5. Kaitlyn beat Tamina Snuka to retain the WWE Divas Title. Decent match, got more time than most Divas matches do. Kaitlyn hit the spear for the win.
6. Ryback beat Mark Henry in an over-the-top-rope challange. Henry kept forgetting the stip and tried to pin Ryback at least three times. Ryback didn't get Henry up for Shellshock, but he dropped the top rope and Henry tumbled to the floor.
7. John Cena, Sheamus, and Big Show beat The Shield by DQ. Cena played football at Springfield College, so he got the most unanimously positive reaction I can recall him getting. Good match, and the crowd seems to have completely forgotten that Big Show was a heel two weeks ago. Finish came when Reigns hit Show with a chair.
The Shield had the upper hand and went to powerbomb Show, but Cena and Sheamus made the save. Finishers all around, and a mad dash for the parking garage ensued, with smiles on our faces of course!
Notes: Overall, this was a mediocre show that the crowd had a lot of fun with anyway. Great heat for the opener and closer especially. A few leggy matches lulled things throughout the card, namely the Triple Threat and the over-the-top-rope challange. The work was noticeably safe throughout, as is expected this close to WrestleMania. Not a memorable night, but live wrestling is always a good time.
RECOMMEND THIS ARTICLE:
READ OUR INSIDER NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! BECOME A MEMBER FOR JUST $7.50 A MONTH (or less with a year-long sub) - GET THE FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE INSIDER DOT NET NEWS, TONS OF EXCLUSIVE AUDIO CONTENT, MEMBER MESSAGE BOARD ACCESS, START YOUR OWN BLOG, AND VIEW THE SITE WITHOUT ANY ADVERTISING: SIGN ME UP (or MORE INFO)
RELATED ARTICLES FROM MGID AFFILIATE SITES...