1/17 WWE Smackdown in Anchorage results: The Shield vs. Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, and Kane, Justin Gabriel vs. Curt Hawkins, The Prime Time Players vs. The Uso Brothers
WWE Smackdown live event
Anchorage, Alaska at Sullivan Arena
Report by Dot Net reader Jeong Kong
1. The Uso's beat The Prime Time Players. The Uso's came out to a big pop by the fans, while the Players came out in their pink trunks to jeers. Darren Young and Jimmy Uso started the match. High flying double team moves from Jey and Jimmy. Titus O'Neill was hilarious with his taunts and barks to fans. Eventually Jimmy and Jey did double headbutts and the double splashes off the top ropes for the win.
2. Justin Gabriel beat Curt Hawkins. Curt Hawkins came out looking like AJ Styles as he was the heel. Justin and Curt started the match with some technical moves like the side-headlock and kip ups from Curt until Justin dropkicked him. Curt did a Pele kick and Justin got most of the offense, even an inverted DDT and won the match with a spring board moonsault.
With the polling of the World Title match, No DQ was leading 78% to 12% of the 2 out of 3 falls match.
3. Layla beat Aksana. Aksana teased several fans ringside with high fives and even hugs, but brushed them off. Layla hugged the fan that was rejected by Aksana.
The usual Diva's match with sloppy moves. Layla won with a chick kick to the head and pinned her clean.
4. Kofi Kingston beat Heath Slater (w/Jinder Mahal). No Drew McIntyre for 3MB. Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal got heat on the mic taunting fans that Alaska paid to see 3MB for a rock concert. Before they could sing, Kofi interrupted them. On the advertisements, Kofi was supposed to face Wade Barrett for the IC title, but card was changed. Kofi got a nice pop from the fans. I enjoyed the controlled frenzy moves of the boom drop, crossbody block, and Trouble in Paradise to Slater. After the match, Jinder said he was not done, but Kofi kicked him in the head for the post-match attack and celebrated with fans at ringside.
On the screen, Big Show did a pre-taped promo about the World Heavyweight Championship match.
5. Daniel Bryan, Kane, and Randy Orton defeated The Shield by DQ. Daniel Bryan came out and I screamed Yes! Yes! Yes! while he did the No! No! No! Kane got a good pop. When Randy Orton came out, the arena erupted with a huge pop! The Shield made their entrance through the crowd. The match started with all six men brawling on the floor.
The Shield got the offense in the beginning triple teaming on Team Hell No. Daniel Bryan made the hot tag to Randy Orton to clean house on the Shield. The match ended in a disqualification when Roman Reigns used the chair on Randy. Kane chokeslammed Seth Rollins, Daniel did the missile dropkick on Dean Ambrose, and Randy RKO'd Reigns. Post-match, Daniel tried to get Randy to hug him, eventually Kane hugged him first, then Daniel joined in on the group hug. Randy took pictures and shook hands with fans ringside.
6. The Great Khali (w/Hornswoggle) beat David Otunga. Otunga made his entrance and posed like the Masterpiece Chris Masters. Great Khali came out with Hornswoggle to a good pop. Khali chopped Otunga to begin the match. Otunga was working on Khali's knees the whole match. Hornswoggle interfered as Otunga was bullying him around. Hornswoggle kicked him in the knees and did the Stone Cold Stunner and Khali won with a big chop.
7. Sheamus beat Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett in a non-title match. Barrett came out and did a promo to get heat. He said Alaska was a hell hole and the WWE Universe should respect the IC Champ the proper way. Sheamus got a huge pop also. Good wrestling match between Barrett and Sheamus. Back and forth action with near falls after the wasteland by barrett and white noise by Sheamus, who got the win after the brogue kick.
8. Alberto Del Rio (w/Ricardo Rodriguez) beat Big Show in a No DQ to retain the World Hvt. Championship. Big Show got a surprising pop from the fans while Del Rio got some jeers (fans did not realize that he is the babyface). Voting results showed 88% for the No DQ stipulation. The match started with Alberto kicking Show in the knees but got overpowered by the chops of the World's largest athlete. There were use of chairs, and two tables during the match.
The chair was used by Del Rio, twice on the back and once on the mid section. The first table Del Rio moved out of the way while Show crashed into the standing table. The second table was used when Del Rio was laying and Show went for the Vader Bomb, but avoided when Ric Rod interfered and Del Rio using the Shining Wizard to the head, and Show crashed from the top rope. Del Rio pinned Show to end the WWE Smackdown World Tour Event.
Overall, this is my third WWE house show in Anchorage. I liked how the house show matches were longer and seeing Daniel Bryan in person was amazing!
1. Randy Orton
3. Team Hell No
1. Wade Barrett
2. The Shield
RECOMMEND THIS ARTICLE:
READ OUR INSIDER NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! BECOME A MEMBER FOR JUST $7.50 A MONTH (or less with a year-long sub) - GET THE FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE INSIDER DOT NET NEWS, TONS OF EXCLUSIVE AUDIO CONTENT, MEMBER MESSAGE BOARD ACCESS, START YOUR OWN BLOG, AND VIEW THE SITE WITHOUT ANY ADVERTISING: SIGN ME UP (or MORE INFO)
RELATED ARTICLES FROM MGID AFFILIATE SITES...