10/23 WWE Smackdown tapings in Providence, RI: A fan gives his thoughts on the go home show for Hell in a Cell that will air this Friday on SyFy
JBL made his entrance to the ring, and I have to say that he looks good for not wrestling in a long time. The turnover time from Saturday Morning Slam to Smackdown was taking a little too long, so JBL decided to scold and haze the referees that were setting the ring up. It was quite funny.
The show started off with Randy Orton cutting a promo on HIAC, and what he would do to ADR. ADR came down and said that he is the new apex predator of the WWE. I found this odd to start the show leading up to HIAC with a mid-card bout. But this match is my sleeper pick as the best match of the night. Randy Orton and Dolph Zigger (My favorite wrestler), in my opinion stole the show at Night of Champions in Boston.
1. Kane vs. Cody Rhodes: I was a little annoyed that I saw Damien Sandow, and Daniel Bryan walk down the ramp while the show was not being taped. The two of them have probably the best ring introductions in the WWE as of right now. This is just obvious that they were going to wrestle later on in the night. Both men get an equal amount of offense, but at the end it was Kane who hit the chokeslam and drove Cody Rhodes almost through the mat. Kane picked up the win.
2. The Miz vs. Yoshi Tatsu: The people behind me actually thought that Tatsu was going to win this match. I think the Brooklyn Brawler had more offense in one match than Yoshi Tatsu ever had. There's my rant....The Miz won with the skull crushing finale. Funny thing about this match is that i bet the guy 5 bucks next to me that the Miz was on the real world years ago. He thought it was another wrestler, and I bought myself some popcorn with the winnings.
Booker T had a meeting with the ever so popular and growing Divas division. The mystery from Night of Champions was brought up, so Booker T decided to create a Triple Threat Match for HIAC. Meanwhile, the city of Providence was in for a treat when he booked Layla and Kaitlyn vs. Eve and Aksana for later on in the night. I figured that's when I can use my bathroom break.
3. Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett: I thought this was going to be the best match of the night because of the past that these two guys had together. This ended up being the best match of the night in my opinion. There was a great amount of offense by both wrestlers. The crowd was really hot into it with Randy Orton and his signature moves. Later on in the match when it seemed like Orton was going to win, ADR came down and distracted Orton causing Wade Barrett to his finisher for the win.
4. Damien Sandow vs. Daniel Bryan: I personally think that Daniel Bryan is hilarious to watch especially live. The crowd reacts to him the most out of anyone on the roster. Everyone in the arena was doing either the yes or no chant. Out comes Sandow, who shares the small state of Rhode Island with some useful knowledge. I was looking around the arena, and i counted two people who was supporting Sandow. That's the next shirt that I'm buying.
With Kane and Cody Rhodes ringside for the match, both wrestlers got a good amount of offense in, with Daniel Bryan using a good amount of submission moves on Sandow. The action led to outside, which caused distractions from outside. Cody Rhodes attacked Daniel Bryan, and Sandow took enough attention out of Kane to hit the neckbreaker on Bryan in the center of the ring.
5. Divas tag Team Match: Facebook check and bathroom break. Two girls won.
The final promo for the night was Big Show and Sheamus face to face in the center of the ring. The ring was filled with 12 security guards. They are not really security guards more like WWE developmental wrestlers. The Big Show talked about how his finisher is better than legends such as The Rock, Austin, and John Cena. Sheamus returned, saying that it may take him 10 or 20 brogue kicks, but he will get the job done, and knock down the giant. His face turned as red as a tomato when he was cutting the promo and decided to spear throw the entire line of security guards to squash the giant.
After getting separated, Big Show and Sheamus acted like a tag team and got rid of all the security guards. There were some brogue kicks, and WMD's thrown. Alone in the ring, Sheamus was about to Brogue Kick Big Show, and the big guy slid under the ropes very quickly. This concluded the taping.
Overall, I thought this was a good go home show for Smackdown. I am happy that the show was focused on Smackdown stars only, and there were no thoughts of AJ or John Cena. This was the second Smackdown show I have been too in five months, and it was pretty good.
RECOMMEND THIS ARTICLE:
READ OUR INSIDER NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! BECOME A MEMBER FOR JUST $7.50 A MONTH (or less with a year-long sub) - GET THE FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE INSIDER DOT NET NEWS, TONS OF EXCLUSIVE AUDIO CONTENT, MEMBER MESSAGE BOARD ACCESS, START YOUR OWN BLOG, AND VIEW THE SITE WITHOUT ANY ADVERTISING: SIGN ME UP (or MORE INFO)
RELATED ARTICLES FROM MGID AFFILIATE SITES...