6/3 WWE Smackdown in Savannah, Ga. results: Richie Steamboat faces Damien Sandow, Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio for the World Hvt. Championship, Christian vs. Cody Rhodes for the Intercontinental Title with Teddy Long shenanigans
WWE Smackdown live event
Report by Dot Net reader Kevin Hoover
Matt Striker was our host and guest ring announcer. The new house show set up really adds a big show feel to the product. The building holds about 10,000, and it was maybe 60 percent full. On a side note, ringside seats were $101 a piece. Geez....
1. Tyson Kidd and Sin Cara beat Hunico and Camacho. Decent tag match that saw Sin Cara hit all of his spots and get the win for his team. Tyson Kidd really shined in this match.
2. Jinder Mahal over on Ezekiel Jackson. About what you would have expected here. Big Zeke tapped out to the Camel Clutch.
3. Ryback squashed Heath Slater. Same old Ryback match. Time to head to the concession stand!
4. Damien Sandow beat Richie Steamboat. I was most excited to see Sandow, and was glad to see him get the win with his neckbreaker finisher. Steamboat is really green, and most of the crowd seemed flat for this match. He was introduced as Ricky's son, and even hit his dad's signature flying body press during the match.
5. Christian beat Cody Rhodes to retain the Intercontinental Title. Best match of the night. Christian got the pinfall after a frogsplash, which prompted Teddy Long to come out (and Aksana, who made sure he had his name tag on). Teddy said Big Johnny was changing this to a best of three falls match, with Jinder Mahal as a special referee. Cody immediately hit a Beautiful Disaster kick and got the second pinfall, but Christian came back with an Unprettier and won the third fall after Jinder took a bump and a second ref came out and counted the pin. Jinder played the typical heel ref.
6. AJ beat Kaitlyn. Much better Diva's match then what we get to see on TV. AJ went over with a shining wizard.
7. Kane beat Great Khali. During his entrance, Khali's entrance music changed to birthday music and Striker informed us that it was Khali's birthday! Kane didn't seem to care, and won the match in about eight minutes after a horrible looking chokeslam. Powell's Note: Khali's actual birthday is listed online as August 27.
8. Sheamus beat Alberto Del Rio (w/Ricardo Rodriguez) in a World Heavyweight Championship match. Sheamus definitely got the biggest pop of the night. He hit White Noise early in the match, and Del Rio did lock in the arm breaker, but Sheamus went over with the Brogue Kick.
RECOMMEND THIS ARTICLE:
READ OUR INSIDER NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! BECOME A MEMBER FOR JUST $7.50 A MONTH (or less with a year-long sub) - GET THE FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE INSIDER DOT NET NEWS, TONS OF EXCLUSIVE AUDIO CONTENT, MEMBER MESSAGE BOARD ACCESS, START YOUR OWN BLOG, AND VIEW THE SITE WITHOUT ANY ADVERTISING: SIGN ME UP (or MORE INFO)
RELATED ARTICLES FROM MGID AFFILIATE SITES...