4/19 WWE Raw Live Event
Report by Dot Net Member Steve Cooney
1. R Truth defeated Heath Slater. A quick match with R Truth going over Slater in easy fashion. Not a squash but not far off. Slater makes a great hateable heel though.
2. Antonio Cesaro beat Zack Ryder. I loved getting to see Cesaro in action in person. A lot of playing to the crowd in this one. Ryder was over with the kids but the older audience aren't on his side anymore if this crowd is any indication. Decent enough action ending with Cesaro hitting the Neutralizer
3. Divas Champion Kaitlyn defeated Tamina Snuka to retain the Divas Championship. Vickie Guerrero came out to a chorus of boos to introduce this match. Sloppy match at times but some impressive moves thrown in occasionally too for good measure. Vickie got involved at one point grabbing Kaitlyn by the leg but she overcame the distraction to hit the spear for the pin. Kaitlyn dragged Vickie into the ring after the match but Tamina saved her from any punishment by pulling her out of the ring. Kaitlyn hit a baseball slide on the two of them as they left to get a big pop from the crowd.
4. Team Hell No beat Dolph Ziggler and Big E. Langston (w/AJ Lee) to retain the WWE Tag Team Titles. Great reaction for all (even Big E) AJ won a twitter vote to get to stay at ringside. Easily match of the night with some great action between Dolph and both Bryan and Kane. Could see Dolph having a great singles program with either wrestler. Some convincing near falls here leading to the match ending after Langston was taken out and Kane hit a choke slam, followed by Bryam hitting a diving headbutt for the win. After the match, Bryan and Kane did their "I'm the tag team champions" bit. Crowd popped big when it ended with them hugging it out.
5. Tons of Funk and The Funkadactyls defeated Team Rhodes Scholars and The Bella Twins in an 8 person mixed tag match. Comedy match as you would expect. Not a lot to say about it. Tons Of Funk won this short match and danced for the crowd.
6. William Regal beat Michael McGillicutty. Great reaction for Regal here, indifference to McGillicutty unfortunately. Some great stuff from Regal in this match which kept the crowd entertained throughout. In the end Regal won with his running knee to the head.
7. WWE Champion John Cena defeated Ryback in a tables match to retain the WWE championship. Massive crowd reaction for both with the usual duelling chants for Cena. Ryback played a mainly face role, and pushed for Feed Me More chants at every opportunity. Not a great match, which ended with Cena hitting an AA on Ryback through the table for the win.
- With the exception of one small section at the very top of the venue this was a packed house.
- This was a short show with the total run time, including 15 min interval, being only 2hrs 15mins.
- Cena and Ryback merch seemed to be the biggest sellers, with honourable mention to CM Punk.
- Very little mic work for a house show
- This was first show i have seen to use screens here, which were used for Mania recaps at the start and then for entrance videos. It added to the usual minimal house show experience
WWE in Dublin review: John Cena vs. Ryback in a tables match for the WWE Championship, Team Hell No vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston for the WWE Tag Titles, Antonio Cesaro vs. Zack Ryder
Posted in: WWE Live Events
Apr 22, 2013 - 01:50 PM
Apr 22, 2013 - 01:50 PM
© Copyright 2013 by PROWRESTLING.NET