WWE Live Event
Report by Dot Net reader Joey Labonte
1. Dolph Ziggler won a battle royal to earn a World Hvt. Championship match. Damien Sandow rolled under the bottom rope early on and then grabbed his Money in the Bank briefcase and walked away. The match came down to Dolph Ziggler, Jinder Mahal, and Heath Slater. Ziggler eventually eliminated both men. Sandow came back and hit Ziggler with the briefcase and threw him over the top rope, but Ziggler held on. Ziggler superkicked Sandow to the back of the head and eliminated him. Ziggler won the match again.
2. Big E Langston defeated Damien Sandow. After the battle royal, Sandow stuck around and said he's the best WWE has to offer. He got a lot of heat from fans and said, "Sorry, let me say it in Canadian, I'm the best WWE has to offer, eh?" He issued an open challenge. Langston accepted and beat him with The Big Ending finisher.
3. The Prime Time Players defeated 3MB. Each duo hit their spots. Darren Young made the hot tag to Titus O'Neil, who hit his finisher for the win.
4. Naomi beat WWE Divas Champion A.J. Lee in a non-title match. The fans were itno the match. Lee hit a nasty running back elbow. There were a couple of small botched moves, including Lee's shining wizard. Lee ran the ropes and was caught with a jumping calf kick, which led to Naomi getting the win. After the match, Lee hid under the ring. The referee had to pull her out and walked her to the back while the fans cheered "Yes!" and she screamed back.
5. R-Truth beat Fandango. It started as a fan's choice between a dance contest and a singles match. They had a dance contest. The was minor Fandangoing and a Y2J chant broke out. Fandango spoke about how Canadians don't speak proper English so he would teach them how to say his name. R-Truth entered. Fandango's dancing is so much cheesier in person. Truth danced to "How Low" by Ludacris and was attacked, which led to the singles match. A lucky fan caught Fandango's gum that he spat out after being arm dragged. Fandango took control. It looked like there was a double clothesline, but it must have been Truth's finisher as he got the pin.
6. Luke Harper and Erick Rowan (w/Bray Wyatt) defeated Tons of Funk. Wyatt stroked his beard a lot during the match. Wyatt distracted Brodus Clay when he was et up for a second rope splash. Later, a spinning clothesline led to the Wyatt Family getting the win. Wyatt is creepy in person.
7. Ryback defeated Xavier Woods. Ryback is massive in person and is actually comparable to a silverback gorilla. He asked for a special "he is all man" introduction. He continued to bully and it was cheesy stuff. Woods slapped Ryback to start and used his agility and speed to gain offense, but it didn't last. The fans were chanting boring just a minute in. Ryback toyed with Woods. He shoulder thrusted Woods into the ring post. Woods summersaulted from the corner and performed a jumping clothesline. He tried another jumping move, but was caught with a spinebuster by Ryback. There were quick rollups by Woods, but Ryback knocked him down and performed Shellshocked for the win.
8. Dolph Ziggler defeated Alberto Del Rio by DQ in a World Hvt. Championship match. The crowd went nuts for Ziggler all night. Del Rio took a sign from a kid. He teased giving it to different fans a dozen times before ripping it up. He wanted his introduction to be delivered in Spanish and said the fans were stupid for not understanding Spanish. Del Rio ran out of the ring a lot with Ziggler in pursuit. A kid yelled you suck in Del Rio's face a couple of times.
Del Rio continued to stall and asked Ziggler for a handshake. Ziggler took him down and beat on him and delivered ten elbow drops. Later, Ziggler performed a series of big moves and hit a great looking DDT. Del Rio countered with an arm breaker and a super kick. Ziggler sell so well, it's fantastic. Del Rio applied the Cross Arm Breaker, which Dolph countered. He pushed Del Rio into the corner and the missed a splash. Ziggler came back with the Fameasser for a great near fall. They both got up and Del Rio was DQ'd (presumably for a title belt shot to the head). Del Rio grabbed a chair, but Dolph caught him with the Zig Zag. Dolph high-fived fans at ringside to close the show.
9/7 WWE in Windsor, Ontario: Battle Royal for a World Heavyweight Championship shot, WWE Divas Champion A.J. Lee vs. Naomi, Ryback vs. Xavier Woods, Damien Sandow vs. Big E Langston, The Wyatt Family vs. Tons of Funk
Posted in: WWE Live Events
Sep 8, 2013 - 12:00 PM
Sep 8, 2013 - 12:00 PM
© Copyright 2013 by PROWRESTLING.NET