WWE Raw live event
Report by Dot Net reader Sarah Williams
1. Brodus Clay beat Jack Swagger. The Springfield crowd was apparently hungry for some WWE action as Brodus got a large pop and Swagger was about booed out of the place. Good match/great action. Brodus got the pin. Kids entered the ring to celebrate. Brodus slapped about every hand he could after the match. Very crowd friendly performer.
2. Tensai over Tyson Kidd. Good back and forth. Kidd is a memorable match away from being a star. Alas, this was not the night for getting unbelievably over. Pretty audible Albert chants. My buddy and I tried to get a BVD chant as you could see Albert's underwear. It did not become an audible chant. My wife thought we were trying to start a Bell Biv Devoe chant.
3. Leakee beat Curt Hawkins. Hawkins took the mic and got some cheap heat by degrading Springfield. I actually agreed and cheered his point of view. Leakee came to Springfield's defense. Leakee looked good and did pretty decent on the mic but left enough time between sentences for "WHAT?" chants. Good match and the rookie got the pin to my surprise.
4. Dolph Ziggler beat Zack Ryder. If Ryder is buried on TV, no one in Springfield cares, as he was over. No Vickie for Dolph unless she was in the MITB Briefcase. Match of the night. Great back and forth. Ziggler got the win by pinfall.
5. Kofi Kingston and R-Truth beat The Primetime Players to retain the WWE Tag Titles. Good heat from the crowd for PTP due to Abraham Washington mic work. Truth came out to his "What's Up" much to the delight of the crowd. Kofi came out to the largest pop for someone not named Cena. Great tag match. PTP actually got the
pinfall but Kofi's foot was on the rope. Match restarts and Kofi/Truth got the win. Was surprised how many people actually thought the title would change hands in Springfield.
6. Layla beat Beth Phoenix to retain the WWE Divas Championship. Entertaining match. Phoenix worked the crowd a bit before things got underway. I didn't know Divas matches went over two minutes so it was a pleasant surprise to see them get to work a very decent five to seven minute match. Layla got the pinfall. Phoenix told the crowd to kiss her butt on the way out.
7. Santino Marella beat The Miz to retain the U.S. Title. Miz came out and gave the best promo of the night. He started telling parents how they need to have their kids show respect and speak only when spoken to. Santino came out to huge ovation and Santino chant. Great match - good work and chemistry, good comedy spots from Santino, but not overdone. Santino got the pinfall.
8. John Cena beat Big Show in a cage match. Springfield is very pro-Cena. On Raw, it sounds like the crowd is 70/30 or even 80/20. In Springfield, Cena was 95/5. My buddy and I actually got some cheap heel heat by chanting "Cena Sucks." This was the wrong crowd to get that chant going. Big Show was almost taller than the cage. This was a surprisingly good match. Laurinaitis came out to help Big Show get an early advantage. Good spots with the cage including one where Cena climbed over the top of the cage to only swing back into the cage to hit Big Show with the cage door. Cena got pinned by Big Show. Just kidding. Cena hit the Attitude Adjustment. The crowd went home happy. Laurinaitis came back out to attack Cena. Cena got the upper hand and hit the Attitude Adjustment. The crowd went home even happier.
3. PTP - mostly due to Abraham Washington
JQH holds 10K-11K. The lower bowl was full, so I'm guessing approximately 7,500 were in attendance. Hot crowd. Fun crowd even though it was Cenation. No official return date announced.
7/22 WWE Raw in Springfield, Mo. results: Santino Marella vs. The Miz for the U.S. Title, Zack Ryder vs. Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston and R-Truth vs. The Primetime Players for the WWE Tag Titles
Posted in: WWE Live Events
Jul 30, 2012 - 09:20 AM
Jul 30, 2012 - 09:20 AM
© Copyright 2012 by PROWRESTLING.NET