WWE SuperShow live event
Report by Dot Net reader Tommy Gonzales
Matt Striker opened up the show and handled announcement duties he also states that the main event for this evening would be decided via text entry format either choice of a Hidalgo Street fight or a best of three falls match. Voting was conducted during the entire live show.
1. Sin Cara defeated Hunico (w/Camacho). Sin Cara won with his finisher. Exactly what you would expect, a lot of high flying action.
2. Santino Marella beat Jack Swagger to retain the U.S. Title. Santino Marella won with The Cobra. There was a lot of playing to the crowd during this match. I actually had never seen this side of Swagger. He played a very large comedy role.
Cody Rhodes delivered a promo via the video screen in the arena, but the speakers were very poor and I could not make out what he was saying.
3. Layla beat Natalya to retain the WWE Divas Championship. Both girls put on a hell of a match.
Alberto Del Rio cut a video promo. The same issue existed, though, as I could not make out what he was saying.
4. Christian defeated Cody Rhodes to retain the Intercontinental Title. An entertaining match. I was hoping for the Killswitch finish, but he closed the match with the spear instead.
5. Kane pinned Chris Jericho. Kane won via chokeslam. I was excited to see Jericho. Than, God his suspension ended when it did because I know his days are numbered. This might have been my last chance to see him in action.
6. Sheamus defeated Alberto Del Rio (w/Ricardo Rodriguez) to retain the World Hvt. Championship. Del Rio had a lot of offense in this match. He played to the crowd very well and got a lot of saves and assistance from his sidekick. Sheamus ducked a Del Rio flying kick and Del Rio accidentally connected on the chin of Ricardo. This opened an opportunity for Sheamus to hit the Brogue Kick for the 1-2-3.
7. Kofi Kingston and Zack Ryder defeated The Primetime Players to retain the WWE Tag Titles. The challengers are out first and then Kofi came out with both belts on his shoulder and a mic in hand. He stated R-Truth could not be here tonight due to an injury. He said Truth has been doing all he can in rehab to come back a.s.a.p and he wants every to know that Little Jimmy is well taken care of.
This match was a surprise because the finish was the challengers getting the win. They were even announced as the new tag team champions. However, a ref ran from the back and stated that Kofi's foot was on the ropes and ordered the match to be restarted. Both babyfaces hit their finishers at the same time and retained the titles after all. The challengers then continued to vent about their loss to the refs on the outside and they actually looked very upset that their win was overturned.
8. C.M. Punk defeated Daniel Bryan in a Hidalgo Street Fight to retain the WWE Championship. There were a lot of "No!" and "Yes!" chants. It was a very good match. They used a steel chair, a kendo stick, and kept most of the fight within the squared circle . AJ showed up briefly at one point. She did her skip routine around the ring, which stunned both wrestlers and set up the finish for CM Punk.
9. John Cena defeated Big Show in a steel cage match. Cena took a beating almost the entire match with a couple of escapes either over the top or through the door. However, Big Show would get there just in time to catch him before escaping. The finish was Big Show missing with the WMD and then Cena scooped him up for the AA. They closed the show by thanking everyone for coming. They didn't state if they would return, though it was sold out so I really hope so.
7/1 WWE SuperShow in Hidalgo, Texas: C.M. Punk vs. Daniel Bryan in a Street Fight for the WWE Championship, John Cena vs. Big Show in a cage match, Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio for the World Hvt. Championship
Posted in: WWE Live Events
Jul 2, 2012 - 09:30 AM
Jul 2, 2012 - 09:30 AM
© Copyright 2012 by PROWRESTLING.NET