WWE Smackdown Live Event
Report by Dot Net reader Mark Compton
Good morning just thought I'd send in the results from last nights SmackDown Wrestlemania revenge tour.
1. Fandango beat Ted DiBiase. Fairly good match. Fandango is going to be huge when he turns face. Fandango won with a Russian Leg Sweep that through me off guard guard because he has been using that swinging reverse Russian leg sweep.
2. Santino and Alex Riley beat Epico and Primo. Very entertaining match. Santino is hilarious live. There was a point where A-Ry and Santino took turns doing turnbuckle double axe handles. Santino kept going to the top rope getting scared and coming back down. Once he got the courage to do the top rope, he had taken so long Primo already tagged in Epico and he was waiting for him to get down. Epico stole The Cobra early on and Santino spent a big part of the match trying to get it back. Santino and A-Ry won when Santino hit The Cobra. A-Ry was way over with the crowd.
3. Layla beat Aksana. There was a pee break chant that was funny. Hornswoggle was the guest ring announcer. Aksana teased horny with a kiss but walked away. Layla then proceeded to rub her chest in his face and make out with him.
4. Mark Henry defeated The Uso's in a handicap match. Typical squash match. Henry threw one Uso at the other, which was awesome. Henry was over with the crowd and the Usos got booed. It got a boring chant but wasn't that bad. I thought Henry was big in person but Show is huge by comparison (more on that later).
5. Sheamus and The New Age Outlaws beat The Shield by DQ. Exact same match that keeps getting reported. NAO came out and did there thing which for me was a childhood wish come true. The Shield came out about five feet away from me to a huge pop. They surrounded the ring and attacked the NAO and then Sheamus came running out to the biggest pop of the night. The DQ finish occurred when Reigns hit Sheamus with a chair. Sheamus performed a Brogue Kick to make people happy.
6. Wade Barrett defeated Justin Gabriel. Barrett came out and talked up some cheap heat about how he's a real man compared to people in Mannheim. Really good solid match up with some high spots. Gabriel jumped off the top rope into a Bull Hammer elbow and Barrett got the pin. Really good match.
7. Alberto Del Rio (w/Ricardo Rodriguez) beat Jack Swagger (w/Zeb Colter) in a no DQ match. Ricardo got a bigger pop than Del Rio. Colter got voted to stay during the match but had no involvement. The loudest pop that was even above Sheamus came after the fans chanted "we want tables" and then they pulled out and used tables. The kendo stick was used a lot but you never really heard it hit. At some point, Swagger got a cut on his back. I could see it up in the stands. Del Rio won when he put Swagger through the table and then got him in the Cross Arm Breaker.
8. Randy Orton beat Big Show. Big Show is massive in person. He kept teasing getting in the ring and then walking away after Orton came out. Nice match. Big Show hit a choke slam for a two count, but ended up taking the Hanging DDT. Orton performed the RKO to send everyone home happy. The show ended with the playing of Fandango's music for some Fandangoing.
3. Randy Orton
1. Jack Swagger
2. Mark Henry when he first came out
3. Zeb Colter
Notes: People were really disappointed we had no champion other than Barrett. The t-shirt area had three Cena shirts, and one each for Ryback, C.M. Punk, Sheamus, Orton, and Sin Cara. Everyone was mad at that. All except for two of the people whose shirts they were selling weren't there and they even had a Sin Cara shirt. Lots of people dressed up as Shield, Undertaker and Hulk Hogan. One guy had his hair dyed like Seth Rollins.
4/27 WWE Smackdown in Mannheim, Germany: Randy Orton vs. Big Show, Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus and The New Age Outlaws vs. The Shield
Posted in: WWE Live Events
Apr 29, 2013 - 10:29 AM
Apr 29, 2013 - 10:29 AM
© Copyright 2013 by PROWRESTLING.NET