WWE Smackdown live event
Report by Dot Net Charter Member Rich Bowers
1. Ted DiBiase beat Damien Sandow. A good opening match action with the crowd firmly behind DiBiase. Damien Sandow really works the crowd up, and a lot of back and forth action with Ted DiBiase winning via a rollup.
Matt Striker announced that there would be a match later for the Tag Team Championship, Jack Swagger and Big E Langston get a title shot, and the crowd gets to decide a stipulation - does AJ get to stay with her team at ringside or will she be banished to the back? Voting via text up to the start of the match.
2. The Uso's beat Primo and Epico (w/Rosa). A lot of high flying action with the Usos getting the victory.
3. Paige beat A.J. Lee. Paige is the former Britani Knight. Hornswoggle was the special guest referee. A good Diva match, but it would have been better without Hornswoggle interjecting himself repeatedly. Paige won with a rollup after AJ dodged a kiss attempt from the ref.
4. Jack Swagger (w/Zeb Colter) beat Sin Cara. Swagger and Colter get a lot of mic time at the beginning with their usual rant. The crowd hated Swagger but didn't care about Colter. One-sided action with Swagger dominating and winning via the Patriot Lock submission.
5. Randy Orton defeated Cody Rhodes. The crowd blew the roof off when Orton was announced - biggest pop of the night. Excellent match, Orton dominated for the most part but Rhodes got decent offense in. Orton wins with an RKO to Cody as he dove off the ropes. Afterward Orton spent a good amount of time working the crowd, shaking hands and talking to the fans at ringside.
6. Wade Barrett beat Bo Dallas to retain the Intercontinental Title. Barrett all the way with very little from Dallas. He needs some work to be TV ready. Barrett won with a knockout punch, which Dallas sold well after Barrett left.
7. Team Hell No beat Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston (w/AJ Lee) to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship. Comedy from the champions before (and after) the match, but at least there were no blindfolds and hands behind the back. A good match with Bryan doing the bulk of the selling, both Kane and Bryan trying to get Langston over as a powerhouse. Ziggler handled most of the offense for the challengers, and despite interference from AJ and Langston he ate a chokeslam from Kane for the loss.
8. Alberto Del Rio (w/Ricardo Rodriquez) defeated Big Show in a Last Man Standing Match to retain the World Heavyweight Championship. A decent match with Alberto using bamboo stick, chair, table etc to even the odds. I was worried about Big Show's stamina, but the match only went about 15 minutes ending with Del Rio kicking him through a second table for the count out and win.
Biggest pops: Orton and Team Hell No
Most Heat: Swagger and AJ
3/2 WWE Smackdown in Kalamazoo: NXT Diva faces A.J., Team Hell No vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston for the WWE Tag Titles, Jack Swagger vs. Sin Cara, Wade Barrett vs. Bo Dallas for the Intercontinental Title
Posted in: WWE Live Events
Mar 3, 2013 - 11:02 AM
Mar 3, 2013 - 11:02 AM
© Copyright 2013 by PROWRESTLING.NET