Raleigh, North Carolina
Report by Dot Net reader Jonny Fairplay
1. Big E defeated The Miz and Kofi Kingston in a Triple Threat to retain the Intercontinental Title. A really fun three-way with lots of near falls.
2. The Bella Twins and Eva Marie beat Layla, Alicia Fox, and Aksana. The fans voted for a match over a dance off. North Carolina is kind. Nikki Bella pinned Fox.
3. The Real Americans (w/Zeb Colter) beat Xavier Woods and R-Truth. Zeb got great old school heat for his mic work. Cesaro won the match with a Neutralizer on Truth. There were lots of “What’s Up” chants that were replaced by “You Suck” afterward. Funny. Then the idiots came around again and chanted “What’s Up” again.
The lower level of the building was packed at this point, mostly with families.
4. Daniel Bryan beat Kane by an apparent DQ. Bryan kicked out of a chokeslam for a big pop. He put on the Yes! Lock and Ryback and the Real Americans ran in. The unadvertised Shield ran in for the save. HUGE pop. The babyfaces ran off the heels, and The Shield shook Bryan’s hand.
5. Dolph Ziggler and Emma defeated Fandango and Summer Rae. There was a loud Emma chant. It was probably the chant of the night thus far. Ziggler won with the Zig Zag on Fandango.
6. Big Show defeated Damien Sandow. Sandow did a second entrance for crowd heat, but 60 percent of the fans cheered. The South is stupid. The crowd loved Show, who hit a KO punch for the win.
7. John Cena, Goldust, and Cody Rhodes defeated The Wyatt Family. Wyatt had new or different gear with brown pants (photo below). 90 percent of the crowd cheered for the babyface trio. Cena pinned Luke Harper and the fans were happy. After the match, Cena stopped and talked to a fan at ringside for a good two minutes. The guy is incredible.
A great show by house show standards. Everyone played it safe, but it was still entertaining.
Biggest Pops: Cena, Show, Emma, Bryan, The Shield.
Most Heat: Miz, The Wyatt Family, Kane, Fandango