WWE Smackdown live event
Report by Dot Net reader Chad Bublitz
1. R-Truth and The Great Khali (w/Natalya) defeated Primo and Epico (w/Rosa Mendes) by pinfall. Pretty forgettable encounter. It's brutal to watch Khali struggle in the ring. He got the win after a big head chop.
2. Layla defeated Alicia Fox by pinfall. Also rather forgettable. Standard five minute Diva affair. Layla won with her springboard splash.
3. Fandango defeated Ted DiBiase by pinfall. Fandango got surprising heat during his entrance, but it turned quickly to silence when he overdid his suave dance schtick. He won with a Downward Spiral.
4. Jack Swagger (w/Zeb Colter) defeated Justin Gabriel by submission with the Patriot Act. Glorified squash here. Swagger got mad heat when his music hit. Probably the most solid heat of the night, as the other monster heels got mixed reactions. Before the match, Swagger handled the mic and cut a surprisingly good promo; he's definitely improved lately. Zeb took over the mic after Swagger and continued the Real American talk and got even more heat.
5. Randy Orton defeated Mark Henry by disqualification. Mixed reaction for Henry, but the roof blew off when Orton's music hit. The match ended before it could really get going when Henry hit Orton with a chair, but got the upper hand post match by hitting an RKO out of somewhere. As Henry walked back, Orton went around the ring high-fiving and taking pictures with everyone. It's safe to say Milwaukee loves Randy Orton.
6. Wade Barrett defeated Bo Dallas to retain the Intercontinental Title. This turned out to be a pretty good match. The crowd got behind Dallas towards the end and bought into all the near falls. Wade caught Dallas with the Bullhammer as he came off the top rope and won by pinfall.
7. Team Hell No defeated the Rhodes Scholars to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship. Match of the night by far, although that isn't saying much. Sandow drew loads of heat with a pre-match promo, but the crowd didn't react as well when Cody spoke. Daniel Bryan got a big pop, but Kane got an even louder pop. Team Hell No did their usual arguing and shoving which eventually turned into a hug after Rhodes Scholars kept interrupting it. The same yes and no schtick from Bryan as well. Best moment for me was when I started the "Cody's mustache" chant and he started looking in my section for whoever started it. Hell No won when Kane chokeslammed and pinned Rhodes as Sandow tapped to the No Lock.
Post match, Bryan stole both tag titles and was parading around the ring until Kane yanked them back, playing keep away. At one point, Bryan acted like a bull and Kane would Ole the titles from him. Funny stuff. They hugged and exited.
8. Alberto Del Rio (w/Ricardo Rodriguez) defeated Big Show in a Last Man Standing match. There was a pre-match vote where the fans chose to allow Ric Rod to be at ringside. This match fell flat for me, possibly because I knew it wasn't going to live up to their January Smackdown last man standing match. Show got a mixed reaction, and Del Rio got a rather quiet pop. Something just isn't clicking with him and a lot of fans. They used chairs in the early going, but Del Rio pulled out a table for no reason.
There was no build in the match and it seemed rather sudden. ADR got chokeslammed through it in a cool spot, but recovered to give Show a huracanrana through a table in the corner for the ten count and a good pop from the crowd. Post match, Del Rio went all over the arena high fiving and posing for fans. He didn't get as much love as Randy.
Overall, this show was really lacking star power and it showed in the lack of reaction for most guys. I probably won't be going to another Smackdown branded live event anytime soon.
Randy Orton (by far)
Mark Henry/Big Show/Fandango
3/10 WWE Smackdown in Milwaukee results: Randy Orton vs. Mark Henry, Alberto Del Rio vs. Big Show for the World Hvt. Championship, Team Hell No vs. Rhodes Scholars for the WWE Tag Team Championship
Posted in: WWE Live Events
Mar 11, 2013 - 09:55 AM
Mar 11, 2013 - 09:55 AM
© Copyright 2013 by PROWRESTLING.NET