WWE Live Event
Report by Dot Net reader Michael Hernandez
This was the first wrestling show I’ve ever been to, I went with a buddy who won a pair of tickets, and it was pretty fun. The crowd was a decent size with most of the arena looking full and everyone seemed to having a good time.
1. R-Truth beat Fandango (w/Summer Rae). R-Truth was out first to a pretty loud reaction and spent a couple minutes getting the crowd ready. He did his What’s Up routine and the response was pretty loud as well then Fandango made his entrance with Summer Rae and were booed heavily. Summer Rae got a few cheers from guys in our section and I spotted a few people dancing to Fandango's music. Decent amount of back and fourth action with Summer Rae getting involved a few times and R-Truth showing off his dance moves getting lots of laughs and cheers. R-Truth eventually got the win. Also, I have to say Summer Rae is very loud and beautiful.
2. The Funkadactyls over Alicia Fox and Aksana. Apparently this match was to be decided with votes from the fans to either be a dance off or a tag team match. Thankfully it was a tag team match. Aksana earned lots of boos from the crowd early on and the Funkadactlyes received lots of cheers of course. I’m not sure if it was just the fact that it was because I was watching in person but this match seemed better than what’s on tv. Lots of fast action with the Funkadactyls beating Alicia Fox and Aksana.
3. Adrian Neville beat NXT Champion Bo Dallas in a non-title match. When Bo first came out people seemed like they didn’t really know how to react and he got some cheers, at least that’s what it sounded like in my section. That changed after he cut a prematch promo. The match was announced as a Championship match for the NXT Championship, but Bo said that he signed a contract that said he didn’t have to defend his championship until February 27 (live on WWE Network). After that and he earned a ton of boos and a guy nearby called him a sissy. Pretty funny. Adrian came out to a similar reaction but the cheers where louder since Bo showed everyone what kind of champion he is. These two guys were fun to watch and I hope they become huge stars. In the end Adrian won and the cheers he got were much louder than when he first came out. Bo was booed almost the entire time he was making his way back up the entrance, and laughed at when he tripped..
4. Sin Cara and Los Matadores over 3MB. I’m not sure which of the Matadores it was but one of them started things off with a little bull fighting using Heath’s jacket and with Heath being the bull. Lots of laughs. Heath got his jacket back and after getting excited got smacked to even more laughs from the crowd. Sin Cara received a great reaction. Pretty basic six man tag team match seeing Sin Cara and Los Matadores win.
6. Titus O’Neal beat Curt Hawkins. Titus came out and yelled for his music to be turned off and went on to say that he didn’t want to be here since it’s Super Bowl Sunday but the powers that be wanted him to be there and explain that there’s no more millions of dollars with Darren Young. He insulted the area and even yelled at a fan to "shut up and eat your nachos." Got some laughs. He went on to say that he came to the WWE to be the man and not a part of a team. It was pretty interesting hearing all the cheers then it turning into nothing but boos almost instantly. He insulted Lakeland a little more then said that he picked a wrestler from the area to beat up and then out came Curt Hawkins. Titus pretty much dominated Curt and beat him. Curt did get some offense in though.
7. The Brotherhood beat The Real Americans (w/Zeb Colter). My buddy and I were honestly waiting for the Real Americans because we wanted to stand and do the We The People bit, which we did. Zeb insulted the area and asked who we thought would win the Super Bowl which he then said "it doesn’t matter what you people think." And my favorite moment was when he said that they were in Tampa which received a massive amount of boos and then corrected himself saying "oh we’re not in Tampa? Lakeland? It doesn’t matter it’s all the same." My buddy and I don’t live in Lakeland so we got a good laugh. Zeb messed with the crowd a little more before saying that Jack and Antonio were going to beat Cody Rhodes and Goldust so bad their father "The American Dream" wouldn’t recognize them. Cody and Goldust came out to a huge reaction, probably the biggest one of the afternoon. The Real Americans teased leaving three or four times and on the last attempt Cody and Goldust chased them and tossed them back in the ring. An intense match with The Brotherhood beating The Real Americans.
8. Big Show over Kane in a steel cage match. Kane came out in dress pants and received a loud "you sold out" chant. He responded by saying that he didn’t sell out he did what’s best for business.They started out talking to each other in the ring causing a kind behind us to yell "I waited three hours for this! Fight!" guess they heard him because that’s what they did. They took turns trying to climb out of the cage, which was pretty scary looking. Big Show even crashed into a side of the cage which caused people to get nervous since it looked like it shook pretty bad. I knew these guys were big but in person they are absolutely huge. Lots of big moves between the two giants and Big Show got the win when he chokeslammed Kane.
After the match Big Show thanked everyone for coming out and to drive home safely. Justin Roberts repeated the message a few minutes later and added that they would be back in the near future. During this time, Kane was lying in the ring and after he got up and as he was leaving he said that based on the reaction he received today he’ll never be back in Lakeland. Then barely two seconds later he said that he changed his mind and he will definitely be back in Lakeland.
I have to say this was a pretty fun show and I’m really looking forward to going to another show as soon as possible.
2/2 WWE in Lakeland, Florida results: Big Show vs. Kane in a cage match, Cody Rhodes and Goldust vs. The Real Americans, NXT Champion Bo Dallas vs. Adrian Neville, Fandango vs. R-Truth
Posted in: WWE Live Events
Feb 3, 2014 - 09:14 AM
Feb 3, 2014 - 09:14 AM
© Copyright 2014 by PROWRESTLING.NET