WWE Live Event
Report by Dot Net reader Martin Aguero
I've been to plenty of WWE pay-per-views and Raw before, but this was my very first house show, and it was a pretty cool experience. The arena was full except for a couple of sections that were blocked off. There were a lot of kids in the crowd. Before the show started, they played Lita's Hall of Fame video, which got a big pop from the crowd
1. Big E defeated Ryback to retain the Intercontinental Title. Big pop for Big E, and Ryback drew a good amount of heat from the crowd. Big E won with the Big Ending.
2. The Bella Twins defeated Summer Rae and Tamina. The Bellas are from Arizona so they got one of the biggest pops of the night. The match ended when Tamina missed the big splash from the top rope and Brie Bella hit her finisher.
3. New Age Outlaws defeated The Usos and The Real Americans to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship. The New Age Outlaws got a big pop from all the adults in the audience. The Usos got a good reaction, and The Real Americans had everyone saying "We the people." The match ended when one of the Usos hit their finisher on Swagger, but then Billy Gunn threw him out of the ring and covered Swagger for the win.
4. Kofi Kingston defeated Fandango. The crowd got to vote on whether this would be a match or a dance off. Match won with 51 percent of the voting. A very quick match that ended when Kofi hit Trouble in Paradise for the win.
5. Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, and Christian defeated The Shield. Both Sheamus and Christian came out to a good crowd reaction, but the place came unglued when Daniel Bryan came out. Everyone in the crowd was standing up chanting Yes!
The match ended when Bryan hit the running knew for the win.
6. Bray Wyatt defeated Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler got a good pop while Bray and the Wyatt family drew a lot of heat from the crowd. The match ended when Bray hit Sister Abigail for the win.
7. Batista defeated Alberto Del Rio by DQ. Batista got the second biggest pop of the night behind Daniel Bryan. The crowd chanted his name practically throughout the whole match. It ended when Del Rio hit Batista with a steel chair.
8. Randy Orton defeated John Cena in a steel cage match to retain the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. John Cena didn't get the huge pop I expected him to get, but he still got a big pop nonetheless. The match ended when Orton low blowed Cena and escaped through the cage door.
No return date was announced and it's interesting to point out that C.M. Punk merchandise was still being sold and he was still included in the intro video before the show started.
Lita's Hall of Fame video
The Wyatt Family
Alberto Del Rio
2/15 WWE in Phoenix results: Batista vs. Alberto Del Rio, The Shield vs. Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, and Christian, Randy Orton vs. John Cena in a cage match, Bray Wyatt vs. Dolph Ziggler
Posted in: WWE Live Events
Feb 16, 2014 - 10:42 AM
Feb 16, 2014 - 10:42 AM
© Copyright 2014 by PROWRESTLING.NET