WWE Live Event
Fairfax, Virginia at Patriot Center
Report by Dot Net reader Josh Arnold
1. The Usos defeated The Wyatt Family. Standard opening match. The Wyatts came out from under the ring to attack the Usos to start the match. One of the Usos won with a rollup on Rowan
2. R-Truth defeated NXT Champion Bo Dallas in a non-title match. It was originally announced as a NXT Title match, but Bo Dallas came out and stated it would be a non-title match. Dallas played a chickenshit heel throughout the match. Truth won with the Lie Detector. Dallas got a good heel reaction from the crowd from his pre-match promo and heel antics during the match.
3. Primetime Players beat 3MB (Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre). A pretty standard tag match, Darren Young got the win with his Fireman's Carry Gutbuster to (I believe) Mahal.
4. Miz defeated Fandango. Comedy style match with Fandango preening and dancing to antagonize the crowd. Fandango had the crowd going the entire time. Miz won with the Figure Four.
5. Natalya and Emma beat AJ Lee and Tamina. Before the match and throughout the night, fans had the option of voting via text on whether this would be a dance contest or a tag match. Tag match thankfully won. Good reaction for all the participants. The majority of the crowd had no idea who Emma was or what her gimmick is but she won them over by the end. Tamina looked like a legit badass the entire match. She's like a female Roman Reigns in terms of her quiet intensity and the impact of her big spots. Natayla won with the Sharpshooter over AJ.
6. Bray Wyatt beat Daniel Bryan in a Steel Cage Match. After the cage was put up, the Wyatts came out and Bray cut a promo introducing Daniel Bryan as the newest member of the Wyatt family. Unlike reports I've read from the house show last night, Bryan was introduced as Daniel Bryan, not Daniel Wyatt. Bray said that he was going to show Bryan who his new master was. They proceeded to have an actual competitive match, as opposed to the non-competitive beatdown reported the night before at the Hampton house show. Bryan had the match won and was crawling out of the cage door when Rowan slammed it on his head. Bray capitalized and hit Sister Abigail for the win. After the match, Bryan was helped to his feet by Harper and Rowan and Bray offered him a handshake. Bryan sold thinking against the handshake while the crowd chanted "NO!' but eventually acquiesced and shook Bray's hand.
7. Bad News Barrett over Justin Gabriel. Barrett cut a heel promo before the match. Relatively short affair, with Gabriel dominating the match with his high flying moves before getting caught coming off the ropes with the Bullhammer.
8. Big E Langston defeated Damien Sandow to retain the Intercontinental Championship. Some comedy in this match at the outset, with Sandow attempting to waistlock and collar-and-elbow Langston to no avail. Langston won the Big Ending.
9. CM Punk defeated The Shield in a 3-on-1 handicap match. Pretty much what you would expect out of this match, which isn't a bad thing at all. Punk got the win with the GTS on Ambrose after isolating him and getting Rollins and Reigns out of the picture.
Notes: Nowhere near a sellout at the Patriot Center (which is a small college basketball arena). With a Smackdown taping in Washington DC (20 minutes away) last Sunday, and Raw in Baltimore (45 min-1 hour away) tomorrow night, fans in the region really had a choice of what event to go to. Good crowd throughtout, every match got a reaction, and the crowd seem invested in the outcome of all of them as well. No boring chants or anything of the sort. I'll be in Baltimore for Raw so I'll be interested to see how that crowd is compared to this one.
1/5 WWE in Fairfax, Virginia results: Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt in a cage match, C.M. Punk vs. The Shield in a handicap match, Bad News Barrett vs. Justin Gabriel, NXT Champ Bo Dallas vs. R-Truth
Posted in: WWE Live Events
Jan 6, 2014 - 11:00 AM
Jan 6, 2014 - 11:00 AM
© Copyright 2014 by PROWRESTLING.NET