WWE Raw live event
Austin, Texas at the Frank Erwin Center
Report by Dot Net reader Randy Rock
CM Punk came out to a mixed reaction that turned to boos when he said he loves Dallas. He said he was taking the night off as we don't know how to start off a show right. Vickie Guerrero came out to a very mixed (and somewhat confused?) reaction and said he would compete tonight.
1. Brodus Clay defeated Jack Swagger. Brodus got a good initial pop, but after that the crowd was kinda dead for this match. All in all, a decent match to open the show, pretty standard for these two. The best part of the match was when the kids came in to dance, one boy came in with some sweet breakdancing moves and stole the show.
Antonio Cesaro cut a promo and it was announced that later it would be Cesaro vs. The Miz for the U.S. Title
2. Zack Ryder defeated Leo Kruger. Ryder came out to a decent pop, followed by Leo Kruger, who got almost no reaction. In not sure if anyone knows who Kruger is. I may have been the only fan in the whole aren who cheered for him. Pretty solid match, both guys worked hard here. Crowd was crazy for the Woo Woo Woo chant.
The Shield cut a promo saying they were going to beat Team Hell No tonight for the titles. These guys are really improving and have great chemistry together.
It was announced that the US title match would have either a 2 out of 3 falls or a street fight stipulation which the fans were asked to vote for via mobile device.
3. Kaitlyn defeated Tamina Snuka. Kaitlyn got a solid reaction as she headed to the ring, being from Texas and wearing a Longhorn shirt. Despite that my section was very much in support of Tamina. A hard hitting match, surprisingly good.
4. Team Hell No defeated the Shield by disqualification. Daniel Bryan came out to a loud pop and the crowd was really into the Yes! chant. Kane came out next to a huge reaction. The Shield entered as usual through the crowd though unfortunately not on my side. Very entertaining match, the crowd was really into it. The match broke down as Reigns got involved prompting a DQ. Ryback ran in to a huge pop to save the day.
5. Santino Marella defeated Tensai. Santino came in next to a decent pop followed by Tensai. My section had an Albert chant going that never seemed to catch on. A pretty solid match. Santino was gold here with his comedy routine. He tried for a few kip ups and the look on his face when he finally did one was priceless. Santino hit the Cobra which Tensai no sold at first before dropping like tree a few seconds later.
6. Antonio Cesaro defeated the Miz to retain the United States Title in a Street Fight. Cesaro came out to a mixed reaction followed by the Miz to a huge pop. This is going to be a street fight. Very solid match between the two. Cesaro teased a table from under the ring but put it back to the crowds dismay. The Miz went for it only for Cesaro to put it back again. The crowd REALLY wanted to see this table put to use. Miz finally got it in the ring only to go through it later in the match.
7. John Cena and Ryback defeated C.M. Punk and Dolph Ziggler. Punk came out followed by Ziggler w/AJ and Big E, all got huge heat on their way out. Ryback and Cena came out next, both to huge cheers, Austin loves these guys. Great match all around with lots of stalling by the heels to start the match for some good heat. Ryback and Big E had a stare down during the match that had me wanting to see more between these two. Some interference on Big Es part sent him and AJ to the back. Best match of the night after all was said and done. Cena was the last to leave up the ramp and as he was doing his pose on the stage he threw up the Longhorns hand gesture for a good pop to end the show.
Notes: Solid show all around. This was my first house show so was surprised at how different the show felt as opposed to a taped one. Some of the matches like the Divas match, which I would usually take as my cue to hit up the merch stand, was surprisingly good. Will definitely be looking forward to seeing them next time they come to Austin. On a side note, Sign Guy was in the crowd and had a few interactions with the superstars such as Tamina getting in his face, etc. The crowd seemed to enjoy it.
1/11 WWE Raw in Austin, Texas: Ryback and John Cena vs. C.M. Punk and Dolph Ziggler, Team Hell No vs. The Shield for the WWE Tag Titles, Leo Kruger vs. Zack Ryder, Tamina Snuka vs. Kaitlyn
Posted in: WWE Live Events
Jan 14, 2013 - 03:57 PM
Jan 14, 2013 - 03:57 PM
© Copyright 2013 by PROWRESTLING.NET