WWE Raw live event
Florence, S.C. at The Civic Center
Report by Dot Net Member Jamario Harrison
This was a really good show and considering that there was another WWE show being held at the same time in Anderson S.C., this show really exceeded my expectations. A lot of television angles were furthered and it was surprising to see that all the top Raw stars were there. The Civic Center in Florence holds about 10,000 people and I guess I'd say it was about one third of the way full consisting mostly of kids and parents. The last time they were here about four months ago, the crowd was more pro-babyface, but this crowd was like many of the TV crowds we've been getting lately in that they cheer or boo both the heels and faces (myself included).
1. Brodus Clay (w/Cameron, Naomi) defeated Michael McGillicutty. Brodus and the dancers got a good pop from the crowd as expected. Brodus looks like he's gotten smaller and seems to move around in the ring better than before.
2. Zack Ryder defeated Corey Graves. When they announced this match, I seriously began to think that we were only going to get undercard and mid-card guys the entire show. Ryder was super over with the kids and adults. Graves cut a good heel promo and got decent heat, and it really made me continue to think that there's good talent down in NXT, which is a good sign for WWE.
3. Santino Marella over Tensai. Typical Santino house show comedy match. There was very little wrestling but a fun match for the kids I suppose.
4. Ryback and Team Hell No defeated CM Punk, Primo, and Epico. This was an odd pairing at least on the heel side but was a really good match. There were a ton of CM Punk fans in the audience so he didn't receive the massive heat you'd expect. I think many of us were just excited he made the trip this time and that maybe Ryback would be able to get his hands on him without the Shield getting involved. Kane and Daniel Bryan both got huge reactions, but nothing could compare to the way the crowd became unglued when Ryback's music played. The match lasted about 15 minutes and the babyfaces went over as expected, but the highlight was The Shield running out to attack Ryback again, which I don't think anyone expected. This time, however, Ryback was able to get the better of them with help from Team Hell No. Punk ate Shellshocked from Ryback to end the match.
5. AJ and Kaitlin defeated Eve and Rosa. Huge reaction for AJ, not so much for everyone else, but I guess the fans were trying to stay consistent with the TV crowds. AJ and Kaitlin hugged before and after the match. I know that doesn't bother most people, but I know there are a few of us who pay attention to the storylines and who thought it was a bit odd. Eve took off in the middle of the match, leaving Rosa to take Kaitlin's finisher and the loss.
6. Antonio Cesaro defeated Jack Swagger and R-Truth in a Triple Threat Match to retain the US Title. I'm assuming this means that Swagger is returning to TV soon, as when Christian was away for a while he came back soon after a house show match. At first I thought Swagger would be working as a face when he returned but at the last minute R-Truth was added to the match. Truth is from Charlotte, so he received a nice reaction. In the end, Cesaro stole the pin on Truth from Swagger to retain.
7. John Cena defeated Dolph Ziggler. Cena got a largely mixed reaction from the crowd as there were a lot of the rebellious male demographic in the stands. Dueling "let's go Cena/Cena sucks" chants the entire match, and a lot of near falls that left a glimmer of hope to us Dolph fans that he'd avenge that unnecessary loss from Raw. Dolph reversed the Attitude Adjustment about four times which really makes Cena look even one dimensional for attempting it so often. It does seem like WWE is trying to slowly position Ziggler as a main eventer, but I think they are content with him being the guy who makes everyone looks great in defeat for now. Cena hit the AA on the fourth try for the victory in a well wrestled match.
12/2 WWE Raw in Florence, S.C. results: Ryback, Daniel Bryan, and Kane vs. C.M. Punk, Primo, and Epico with interference from The Shield, Jack Swagger and R-Truth challenge Antonio Cesaro for the U.S. Title, Dolph Ziggler vs. John Cena
Posted in: WWE Live Events
Dec 3, 2012 - 01:55 PM
Dec 3, 2012 - 01:55 PM
© Copyright 2012 by PROWRESTLING.NET