12/19 WWE Smackdown TV taping spoilers: Full coverage of the taping for the December 27 television show (spoilers)
Dot Net reader Ernest DLG is at the WWE Smackdown taping in Corpus Christi, Texas and is passing along the following report. Refresh the page for the latest updates.
John Cena came out to a loud pop. Corpus is always pro Cena. He included a Hulk Hogan reference in his promo while talking about last week's Raw (next week really due to the taping schedule). He asked for a title match with Randy Orton tonight. The Shield came out to beat Cena. Mark Henry came out for the save but got beaten down. Big E Langston came out and the babyfaces took care of business. Kane came out to make the matches for tonight - Big E vs. Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns vs. Mark Henry, and Seth Rollins will face Cena all in singles matches (when The Shield left, they walked right next to us)...
1. Luke Harper and Erick Rowan (w/Bray Wyatt) defeated The Uso Brothers. The Uso Brothers received a good pop. The Wyatt Family took care of business quickly. Bray entered the ring afterward to hit Sister Abigail to end the segment...
Randy Orton was interviewed by Renee Young. He was interrupted soon after by Dolph Ziggler, and a match between the two was set up by Kane...
2. Antonio Cesaro defeated Cody Rhodes. Cesaro won the match in roughly five minutes...
3. The Prime Time Players defeated Curtis Axel and Ryback. Darren Young rolled up Axel for the win...
4. WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton defeated Dolph Ziggler. Orton came out with both belts on his shoulder. Ziggler now has a strain of pink in his hair (if he wants to get over he has to be a serious face or heel to get back to where he was when he was a championship contender, no change since he turned face). A great match. They have had some in the past and this is right along with them. The ending saw when Orton hit his RKO for the win.
After the match Orton hits Ziggler with an RKO and then took him outside and threw Ziggler in an ugly manner (and I mean it looked like it hurt bad for Ziggler). The segment concluded there. Ziggler has to be hurting somewhat for it to end the way it did...
5. Daniel Bryan beat Damien Sandow. Bryan out to one of loudest pops of the night. Video footage was shown of this past Monday's raw (next week). A great match with Bryan hitting his running knee. Bray Wyatt came out with the family to deliver a good promo that got some good heat.
6. Big E Langston (w/John Cena, Mark Henry) beat Dean Ambrose (w/Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins). A good match. After they were all on floor, Langston got him in ring and hit the Big Ending for the win.
7. Roman Reigns (w/Ambrose, Rollins) beat Mark Henry (w/Cena, Langston). A good match as well, that saw both go back and forth with their offense, but Henry is a beast and picked him up like he was Daniel Bryan. He is truly is strong as hell. Reigns came back with some nice moves followed by the spear for the win. I can hear the support for Reigns and rightfully, so as they set him up more and more as the breakout of The Shield. Mark Henry did a great job of selling the Reigns spear.
8. John Cena (w/Langston, Henry) defeated Seth Rollins (w/Ambrose, Reigns). Another great match (I have been coming to events here since '94 and I must say I am impressed with the matches, they have been better than I thought they would be considering the holiday season). Me and my buddies Robert and Sonny are impressed, and here in Corpus Christi the crowd is more hyped than it has been in years as well. Cena got a great pop as he hit Rollins with the Attitude Adjustment for the win. The faces celebrated. The Shield came by and I touched Reigns, who was full of sweat. I wiped it on my buddy Robert Chapa (haha). We said great match to Rollins and Reigns as they were close to us more so than Ambrose.
1. John Cena defeated Randy Orton by DQ. Cena called out Orton for the championship. Cena told Orton that both titles need to be handed to referee for the title to be on the line (we know how this will end, or most should). It was announced as main event for the title. Orton did a little Hulk Hogan ear thing (with both these guys doing something related to Hogan, he has to make an appearance for WrestleMania). The match actually lasted longer then a normal dark match but still saw the usual formula with Orton hitting Cena with the WWE World Heavyweight Title for the DQ, and then Cena getting the AA to end the night.
Notes: This is definitely a Smackdown not to miss just based on the wrestling alone and it does progress the storylines that have been happening, just not in a major way. Just a heads up, I'm wearing my DeSean Jackson black jersey. I make a couple of shots I'm sure as we are near the ring.
RECOMMEND THIS ARTICLE:
READ OUR INSIDER NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! BECOME A MEMBER FOR JUST $7.50 A MONTH (or less with a year-long sub) - GET THE FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE INSIDER DOT NET NEWS, TONS OF EXCLUSIVE AUDIO CONTENT, MEMBER MESSAGE BOARD ACCESS, START YOUR OWN BLOG, AND VIEW THE SITE WITHOUT ANY ADVERTISING: SIGN ME UP (or MORE INFO)
RELATED ARTICLES FROM MGID AFFILIATE SITES...
WWE News • Latest Five Articles