1/8 WWE Smackdown taping spoilers: The Rock returns, full coverage of the taping for Friday's television show (spoilers)
Dot Net reader Billy Sweeney is at the WWE Smackdown taping in Miami, Florida and is sending the following report. You must refresh the page for the latest updates.
Introductions for Smackdown were made. Lilian Garcia came out to what seemed like one of her own songs and she received a good reaction. JBL followed, which sadly enough did not get much of a reaction. Wow, how wrestling has changed. Garcia asked everyone to look at the screen for a video.
C.M. Punk and Paul Heyman were shown at SunLife stadium. Punk ripped UM and The Rock while holding a Rock jersey, which he put it on. Punk continued to rip The Rock and saying it was his house now. Punk reminded us it was the first time Rock has been on Smackdown in ten years.
The Rock opened Smackdown to the biggest pop of the night! Rock showed the UM sign with his hands and the fans ate it up. The Rocky chants were nonstop, which followed with The Rock saying finally The Rock has come home. The Cookie Puss chant then followed. The Rock gave a shout out to Flo Rida, who was in attendance. The Rock said how upset he was that CM Punk didn't show up tonight. Cookie Puss started all over again. The Rock spoke about how his brothers from the U like Warren Sapp and Ray Lewis gave it all every time on the field.
In the middle of Rock's spot, Rhode Scholars came out and entered the ring. Damien Sandow started on the mic to remind us of who he is and his partner is. Cody Rhodes then got on the mic and seemed a little nervous speaking to Rock. He let Rock know who the next champs will be when they defeat Team Hell No. He told Rock to leave before he had no choice.
The Rock revamped what just happened in only the way The Rock can. He ripped Cody and his mustache, which was classic. Cody wasn't to happy. Caterpillar lip. Epic! Sandow did his three question routine while looking for his apprentice. He asked Rock to answer the three questions in order to stay. If he didn't, then he said Rock had to leave. Cody reminded us that Rock went to Miami so he may not be able to answer. Rock got the first question, the second right, and then Rock asked the third question to Sandow. The Rock delivered the Rock Bottom to Sandow. Cody was ready to fight but got a beatdown as well with the People's Elbow to end the segment.
Booker T came out and said this Smackdown would be better than Raw. He announced Antonio Cesaro vs. Randy Orton, The Rock in the ring (but not sure for what), and Big Show vs. Alberto Del Rio in a last man standing match.
Big Show entered and was not happy at all. Show got on the mic saying it was personal. He pointed out the high Latino population in Miami as the reason Del Rio is getting the opportunity and let us know there are no Latino heroes. Pretty funny. Show started roughing up Booker until Del Rio saved him. Del Rio handed Show a quick beat down and everyone walked away.
A video aired. Antonio Cesaro officially entered the Royal Rumble match.
1. Randy Orton beat U.S. Champion Antonio Cesaro by DQ when The Shield interfered. Orton came out to a good crowd reaction. Good action until The Shield jumped Orton and caused the DQ. Typical move set by The Shield to take out Orton. Refs attended to Orton and the segment ended. The crowd cheered Orton as he stood up and exited the ring.
2. Dolph Ziggler and AJ Lee (w/Big E Langston) defeated The Great Khali and Natalya (w/Hornswoggle). I have to add AJ is smoking hot. Khali and Ziggler started with Ziggler tagging AJ, much to her surprise. A typical mixed tag match with Ziggler and AJ winning. AJ got the pin. After the match, Langston and Ziggler roughed up Khali. Hornswoggled tried to help, but Big E performed his finisher on him. I think Hornswoggle is dead.
3. Sheamus defeated Drew McIntyre, Heath Slater, and Jinder Mahal in a handicap match. Nothing different than Monday. Filler match. Shamus destroyed them. I like 3MB but they are just wiping posts at this point. Damn shame.
4. Kane and Daniel Bryan beat The Prime Time Players. Team Hell No completely destroyed them. Yet another squash match. The crowd did their Yes chant. Need I remind you WrestleMania in Miami is where it started to get big?
5. Alberto Del Rio defeated Big Show in a Last Man Standing match to win the World Hvt. Championship. Del Rio got a good pop. I guess Show was right. Good mix in the ring. Show quickly got a table and put Del Rio through it. Start the count. Up at 6. Bring on the chair. Del Rio got best of Show with the chair and then used a cool armbar that didn't work out to well. Del Rio went back to the offense. Show quickly recovered. Bring on another table.
Del Rio drop kick show though the table. Start the count. Show up at six. Del Rio put a sleeper hold on Show that didn't work too well either. Show chokeslammed Del Rio. Start the count. Up at nine. Show put Del Rio though the barricade. I don't know how, but Show got up at nine. Wow!!
Show performed the WMD on Del Rio, but Del Rio got up at six. Show tagged him with another WMD, but Del Rio got up at eight. Ricardo tried to help Del Rio and brought on the stairs. Show missed and went into the corner post. Show was stunned. Del Rio threw the stairs into Show twice. Show was still standing. Del Rio hit him three times with stairs. OMG moment. Show went down. Del Rio flipped the announcers' table on Show to start the count. Del Rio wins the belt.
RECOMMEND THIS ARTICLE:
READ OUR INSIDER NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! BECOME A MEMBER FOR JUST $7.50 A MONTH (or less with a year-long sub) - GET THE FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE INSIDER DOT NET NEWS, TONS OF EXCLUSIVE AUDIO CONTENT, MEMBER MESSAGE BOARD ACCESS, START YOUR OWN BLOG, AND VIEW THE SITE WITHOUT ANY ADVERTISING: SIGN ME UP (or MORE INFO)
RELATED ARTICLES FROM MGID AFFILIATE SITES...