WWE News: WWE and Big Show sued by former WWE producer

Apr 11, 2013 - 01:05 PM

Former WWE producer Andrew Green is suing World Wrestling Entertainment and Big Show (a/k/a Paul Wight, Jr.) due to an alleged incident that took place at the January 27 Royal Rumble event Phoenix, Arizona. Green claims that Big Show choked and punched him in the face during an interview that was recorded for the WWE website.

Green says his job was to do post-match interviews with wrestlers for the website and Youtube, and Show initially refused to do the interview until Green informed him that now former senior vice president Eric Pankowski wanted him to do it.

"In response, Big Show stated with the use of profanely indecent language that if Green wanted an interview then he would give him one, and to turn on the camera," the complaint states.

"Big Show toward Green enraged, shouting obscenities, and waving his fist in Green's face. Big Show then grabbed Green by the collar and throat, striking Green in the face and backing him up against a trunk while declaring 'You son of a bitch ... Are you having fun right now ... Don't even come up to me again ... I don't give a shit who you are.'" Read the full story at

Powell's POV: Green also claims that Show asked him to redo the interview and he would walk away the second time around. Triple H then stepped in and wanted a third take where Show was to muster up the same emotional level the third time around, but Show told him he couldn't do it because his emotions in the first shoot had been real. WWE actually aired the original interview on their website. Green claims that he was unable to continue working for WWE because he was "uncomfortable working around Big Show and other wrestlers." He also stated that Show has been "suspended or terminated" in the past because of his behavior. Green and his wife are seeking damages. WWE has yet to respond publicly to the charges. As always, keep in mind that there are two sides to the story.

© Copyright 2013 by PROWRESTLING.NET