Hosts: Konnan, Court Bauer, and Mister Saint Laurent
Available for free at MLW.com,on iTunes (search: KONNAN SHOW), and syndicated via Stitcher.com.
This week on MLW Radio, available right now on MLW.com, Court Bauer joined Konnan and Mister Saint Laurent to discuss the potential of friction between Vince McMahon and John Cena stemming from Cena's surgery last week in Birmingham, Alabama.
"John Cena has this procedure done in Birmingham, Alabama," Bauer said. "WWE.com puts out there that he'll be down for only two weeks and that life will go on. It was basically like removal of fragments and bone spurs in his arm or his elbow, which if you follow sports, baseball players have it done all the time, usually in the office season. NFL guys will have it done here or there. It's a pretty easy deal.
"So, I don't think anyone was thinking it was going to be this long stretched out thing, but then the reports came out about how long John Cena was going to be down for. John Cena then took to Twitter saying that WWE.com got the story wrong and that he's going to be out for a full six [weeks] and he just buried WWE.com and all the guys over there. The story obviously then switched to 'now he's out six weeks.'"
"From what I know, Vince McMahon himself, in the agent meeting, the producers meeting, told everyone straight up the dude is out for just two weeks, 'we dodged a bullet and that he's very much in the mix moving forward.' That was Tuesday, he said that. Then Cena had very different things to say and I understand WWE.com did talk to James Andrews [Cena's doctor], who WWE and Cena did give them the blessing to talk to. That's standard protocol at WWE.
"They always try to interview the doctor, get insight so they can have the news. Sometimes it's a kayfabe site and sometimes it's a legit news site. Sometimes it's a TMZ site, but that's the story. They interviewed him and Dr. James Andrews did say he'd be out just two weeks. So you have to wonder if Vince and the doctor said it and Cena is saying six weeks, there is an interesting issue there.
"Is it that John Cena wanted the full six weeks out? Was John Cena then told something after Tuesdays that conflicted with this? But it was very quickly thereafter they reported it on the website that this was not in fact the situation. The reality of it is, John Cena is coming off a divorce, he's beaten up. He's got a bad neck, a bad hip, bad everything. He's closing in on 36. The wear and tear of a guy like that, that goes, goes, goes and is a company man, you gotta think about."
"And if you're Vince McMahon, you look at the clock, you look at the calendar and you think, is it time to build the next John Cena?"
The new episode of MLW Radio is available for free at: http://www.mlw.com and on iTunes (search: MLW Radio)
Confusion regarding John Cena's return, former WWE creative team member Court Bauer chimes in on the protocol involved
Sep 26, 2012 - 10:20 AM
Sep 26, 2012 - 10:20 AM
© Copyright 2012 by PROWRESTLING.NET