WWE Smackdown taping
Corpus Christie, Texas
Report from Dot Net member Ernest.
The crowd was about less than 3/4 full not too pack as normal TV events here in Corpus. I have been coming to these events here since I was a kid and I'm 30 now and disappointed with the lack of attendances so far.
1. Justin Gabriel defeated Robbie Jennie. Gabriel hit his 450 splash and as he was celebrating. My friend, who he clearly saw, flipped him off and pointed at him. Not sure TV will get that but he looked clear at him.
Shore's Slant: This was probably a dark match.
2. R-Truth defeated Alex Riley.
3. Sin Cara defeated Curt Hawkins. Sin Cara got a good pop during his moves and he won with a good reaction.
1. Randy Orton defeated Damien Sandow. The show opened with the match. Orton had a great pop and Sandow had a great promo. The crowd was into the match quickly. Cody came out and distracted Sandow, who got the RKO from Randy for the win. Cody then proceeded to steal the case leaving Sandow confused.
CM Punk came out to huge pop. He cut a great promo on Brock and Heyman. The crowd loved it. Fandango came out, did his routine, and got hit with GTS. Punk left and the Wyatt's were hyped for later.
2. Mark Henry and the The Usos defeated Wade Barrett and the Prime Time Players.Poor Barrett he needs to be up in the card. Henry and the Usos received equally good pops. Henry hit the World's Strongest Slam and won the match.
A video aired of AJ's "state of mind" coming tonight. Alberto Del Rio told Vicki he should pick his opponent since John Cena did. RVD came in and Del Rio told RVD to prove himself for a title shot. RVD said he would tonight. Sandow came out to look for his case. He talked to Sin Cara who speaks no English. RVD came out to biggest pop of night.
3. Alberto Del Rio defeated Rob Van Dam. Del Rio won with a kick (I think) as RVD talked to the ref.
Sandow was still looking and ran into Mark Henry and Booker T. They acted like Cody was a thief. Sandow said Booker used to be GM and Booker did his "You did not just say that," phrase. AJ out next with Big E Langston and called out Dolph Ziggler. She said she is the champ and is doing fine. She then showed Ziggler's house key and they had a good exchange where AJ threw out Ziggler's belongings in ring. It ended with Kaitlyn hitting the spear on AJ and Dolph hitting Fameasser on Langston for the close of the segment.
4. The Wyatt Family defeated Tons of Funk. Bray Wyatt cut a promo on Kane after the match.
Sandow went to Vicki to tell her about his lost case and said he is going to find his briefcase tonight.
5. Christian defeated Jack Swagger (w/Zeb Colter). We loved Colter's words. He did speak some truth down here, ha ha, Christian beat swagger with his finisher in a good match.
Sandow was out next to issue a reward for his case. Rhodes was shown on the big screen with the case and the segment ended with Sandow chasing for his case outside.
6. CM Punk defeated Fandango. Match of the night. This should be the main event of the show.
Sandow was pissed and still looking for his case outside. In a throwback from a previous Smackdown in Corpus Christi when a certain someone got chokeslamed in the ocean, Cody had the briefcase and threw it into the Bay for a huge pop to end Smackdown!!! The case was shown sinking while Sandow yelled for the case and title shot. He jumped out of nowhere to find the case but quickly retreated and ended Smackdown with Sandow chocking on water from the Corpus Christi Bay.
Dark Match Main Event.
Dolph Ziggler defeated Big E Langston (w/AJ Lee). This was probably better than the advertised Del Rio vs. Ziggler street fight. This is fresher to the crowd and is probably a warm up for their SummerSlam match. If so, it will be awesome. AJ played the crowd well as Ziggler won by hitting his finisher to a great pop to end the night.
7/24 WWE Smackdown Spoilers: Complete results from tonight's taping in Corpus Christi, Texas (spoilers)
Jul 24, 2013 - 07:42 PM
Jul 24, 2013 - 07:42 PM
© Copyright 2013 by PROWRESTLING.NET