Dot Net reader Lee Thompson is at the WWE Smackdown tapings and is sending the following updates regarding the taping for Friday's show. You must refresh the page for the latest updates.
Lilian Garcia came out and tripped over the fireworks on the ramp. This got a big laugh out of the crowd.
The main event was announced as Sheamus, Randy Orton, and The Great Khai vs. Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, and Daniel Bryan.
Daniel Bryan came out to cut a promo. He received a great pop to start the show. He delivered a good promo about his Extreme Rules pay-per-view match with Sheamus. There were a lot of "Yes!" chants. A.J. interrupted to talk to Bryan about their problems. Bryan was in proper heel mode and said he wishes she had never been born. He left A.J. in the ring crying.
1. Natalya beat A.J. by DQ. A.J. snapped and attacked Natalya. A.J. was disqualified for ignoring the ref's count while attacking her in the corner. Natalya bled and the paramedics had to clean it up with towels. It looked like hard way blood.
Damien Sandow was shown on the big screen and he delivered a speech.
2. Brodus Clay (w/Hornswoggle) beat Hunico (w/Camacho). A squash match. Brodus won with a big splash. Afterward, Hornswoggle hit the tadpole splash. Everyone loves Brodus, as he and Hornswoggle were super over. Hunico got some respectable heat when he came out too.
Titus O'Neil and Darren Young were shown backstage with Teddy Long and John Laurinaitis. Laurinaitis confirmed that they have been signed to Smackdown.
Matt Striker interviewed Randy Orton backstage. They recapped his problems with Kane. Orton revealed that they will meet in a Falls Count Anywhere match at Extreme Rules.
3. Titus O'Neil and Darren Young defeated The Uso Brothers. Titus got the pin for his team after a tag team finisher that was similar to the Hart Attack Clothesline, only with Young jumping off the top rope before hitting the clothesline.
4. Alberto Del Rio pinned Big Show in a non-title match. Big pops for both wrestlers. Cody Rhodes ran in and hit Show with the Beautiful Disaster kick while the referee was distracted. Show was mad and went after Cody, who escaped through the crowd.
5. Ryback beat Danny Merman. Ryback won the squash with the same finisher he's been using. He received no reaction and got some boos as the match went on. The crowd seemed to feel sorry for the local wrestler. Ryback looks intense. He just doesn't connect with the audience.
William Regal and Teddy Long were shown backstage. Teddy has been dressed beefeater and isn't allowed to speak. Antiono Cesaro was introduced to John Laurinaitis, who took him inside his office to discuss a contract. Aksana was also with Laurinaits and the story is that Johnny is hiring new talent for Smackdown.
The six-man tag main event match introductions started. Cody Rhodes attacked The Great Khali. Khali limped back to the locker room.
6. Sheamus, Randy Orton, and Big Show defeated Daniel Bryan, Mark Henry, and Cody Rhodes. It was going to be a handicap match, but Big Show came out to take Khali's place. Shemaus took the beatdown from the heels early on. It was a lengthy match with the faces each eventually taking beatings from the heels. There were a lot of "Yes!" and "We Want Bryan" and even some "Bryan Sucks" chants. Orton hit the RKO on Henry and pinned him to win the match.
The television show ends with the three babyfaces celebrating. It was a really good match that the crowd was really into. Orton and Bryan are super over.
1. Randy Orton beat Kane in a No DQ match. There are two dark matches advertised. Orton got the win with an RKO on a chair.
2. Sheamus beat Daniel Bryan for the World Hvt. Championship. The crowd was chanting "Yes!" with the passion they have all night. Sheamus pinned Bryan in roughly 18 seconds in a repeat of the WrestleMania 28 match. This concluded the event.
4/17 WWE Smackdown taping spoilers: Full coverage of the taping for Friday's television show (spoilers)
Apr 17, 2012 - 04:40 PM
Apr 17, 2012 - 04:40 PM
© Copyright 2012 by PROWRESTLING.NET