WWE Smackdown TV taping
Albany, New York
Report by Dot Net reader Rocco Heitzman
The place was surprisingly full for Smackdown, which had to be a result of The Road to WrestleMania. There was a weird intro voice providing us with a pump for the show.
Jack swagger came out to mediocre heat reaction. Swagger and Zeb Colter cut a short promo. Alberto Del Rio responded. It started fun, but Del Rio dried out after a minute video mocking Zeb and Swagger's We The People rants. Childish humor. The video would of been awesome if they added a marijuana or DUI joke.
1. Kane and Daniel Bryan beat Drew McIntyre and Heath Slater (w/Jinder Mahal). Bryan made Slater submit to the No! Lock.
There was a backstage interview with Dolph Ziggler saying he'd beat Del Rio later in the show.
Ryback was shown walking backstage and he had a staredown with Mark Henry.
2. Ryback defeated Damien Sandow. I love Sandow, but seeing him twice within two hours was ruining everything.
Off camera, Ricardo challenged us to hold the Rioooooo as long as we could when Alberto made his entrance. A lame way to get him cheers.
Big Show was interviewed. They said The Shield would respond next, but instead they went to the next match.
3. Alberto Del Rio (w/Ricardo Rodriguez) beat Dolph Ziggler (w/AJ, Big E Langston). Even after Ricardo challenged u, Del Rio still got a quiet pop. There was a Fandongo promo and Ziggler didn't get his music until halfway down the ramp, killing any heat he would have achieved. Del Rio won with a Cross Arm Breaker. A very typical result so Ziggler's near falls did not mean a thing. Poor Ziggler and his amazing ability to sell.
Daniel Bryan and AJ had a backstage segment that resulted in Bryan saying that she should be used to 18 seconds because she dates Ziggler. A nice anti-PG joke.
4. Mark Henry squashed Yoshi Tatsu. The match literally lasted 45 seconds.
Another bad sheamus promo for the kids. He called Big Show Shrek and said he clogs toilets.
5. Tamina beat Kaitlyn in a non-title match. I think Yoshi got more of a pop than both combined. It's sad that no one cared about the Diva matches. Kaitlyn took a nasty head dive into the ropes, which looked awful. The match was over within two minutes with Tamina winning and no one caring.
Backstage, Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow were shown. Cody has a crush on Kaitlyn. How cute.
Justin Gabriel made his entrance. Fandango doesn't like "Jillian's" intro. Poor Lilian. No one cared about Johnny Curtis.
Backstage, there was a pointless Teddy Long and Booker T segment.
6. Big Show fought Sheamus to a no-contest when The Shield interfered. We saw the security guards and knew where The Shield were coming from. The Shield interfered. The Shield actually got a nice pop.
1. Ryback, Randy Orton, and Sheamus beat The Shield by DQ. It's the same result all the time for non television matches. There was no Del Rio vs. Big show match as advertised. Overall, an okay show. Smackdown was only an hour and a half from 8:30 to 10:00 p.m.
3/5 WWE Smackdown taping: A second report on the taping for Friday's television show (spoilers)
Posted in: WWE News
Mar 6, 2013 - 09:35 AM
Mar 6, 2013 - 09:35 AM
© Copyright 2013 by PROWRESTLING.NET