3/24 TNA in Indiana, Pa.: Rob Van Dam vs. Magnus, Mr. Anderson vs. Robbie E, Garett Bischoff vs. Gunner, Kurt Angle vs. Bully Ray vs. James Storm, Knockouts and X Division Title matches
TNA Live Event
Report by Dot Net reader Jared Stewart
There were a lot of empty seats, but it still seemed like a pretty good turnout. Before the show, Don West did his thing pushing merchandise. He also tossed some free stuff into the crowd. Jeremy Borash announced the show would be beginning soon and did a great job getting the crowd fired up for the show’s start.
1. Mr. Anderson beat Robbie E. Before the match, Robbie got on the mic and claimed the only reason the fans showed up was to see him fist pump. He then proceeded to hilariously “give them what they want” and began dancing. In response, Anderson did his own dance routine before popping Robbie in the jaw. Solid match that was actually kind of dominated by Robbie. Anderson hit the Mic Check in the end for the win.
After the match was over, JB introduce Earl Hebner, who revealed his “Damn Right I Did” shirt, as well as mocking Bret Hart before the next match began.
2. Garrett Bischoff beat Gunner. Let me just start off by saying Gunner is freaking huge in person. Gunner had decent heat and the crowd wasn’t totally crickets for Baby Bischoff, but the reaction was small at best. Almost total domination for Gunner until Bischoff won with a small package.
3. Gail Kim beat Mickie James to retain the TNA Knockouts Title. These ladies can work, and the crowd was way into the action here. Some really nice back and forth action, including both ladies reversing each other’s finishers. Gail got the win with a roll up and a handful of tights (or jean shorts). Mickie got a standing ovation from the crowd for her effort.
4. Rob Van Dam beat Magnus. RVD was way over. RVD chants as soon as the match began. Magnus played the heel here, and did a fantastic job. I’m glad TNA is finally using him on television because he has talent. In a funny moment, one brave soul took on the entire crowd in a dueling "Let's go Magnus-RVD" chant. Magnus dominated until RVD got in a flurry and hit his signature stops, including his top rope mule kick, rolling thunder and finally, 5-Star Frogsplash for the win.
During intermission, Earl and Brian sold their shirts for $10, as well as signing them. Also, Robbie E signed autographs for free.
5. Austin Aries beat Zima Ion to retain the X Division Title. Match of the night. The crowd was actually split pretty decently on this one. I’d say it was probably about 60/40 in favor or Aries. Zema hilariously informed Aries that he spent two hours fixing his hair so he better not mess it up. This, of course, led to Aries doing just that. Good, fast paced action throughout this one. The end saw Aries hit the brainbuster and transition into the Last Chancery submission for the win.
6. James Storm beat Kurt Angle and Bully Ray in a Triple Threat match. Bully Ray came out first and cut a promo about the fans in attendance. He’s definitely a heat magnet and had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hands. In a funny moment, he offered a high five to a kid, only to pull away when the kid took the bait. Angle was out next to a huge pop, as he was essentially the hometown boy. Storm was out next, to an equal, if not bigger, pop as Angle. This match was short but entertaining.
In the early going, Ray informed Angle he had Storm under control. He went after Storm, only for Storm constantly to reverse it. Once Angle got involved, he and Ray were able to eliminate Storm from the equation. Angle and Ray went at it, and eventually Ray took control and eliminated Angle from the ring. He then took Storm down and took a swing of beer, only for Storm to hit the Last Call, sending the beer spraying into the air. Storm then got the pin and the win.
After the match, Storm stayed in the ring. For 20 dollars, you could get a picture taken with him. All in all, this was a very fun show. If TNA ever comes to your area, I recommend going. They put on a good show and you won’t be disappointed.
RECOMMEND THIS ARTICLE:
READ OUR INSIDER NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! BECOME A MEMBER FOR JUST $7.50 A MONTH (or less with a year-long sub) - GET THE FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE INSIDER DOT NET NEWS, TONS OF EXCLUSIVE AUDIO CONTENT, MEMBER MESSAGE BOARD ACCESS, START YOUR OWN BLOG, AND VIEW THE SITE WITHOUT ANY ADVERTISING: SIGN ME UP (or MORE INFO)
RELATED ARTICLES FROM MGID AFFILIATE SITES...
TNA Live Events • Latest Five Articles
|11/9 TNA in Toledo, Ohio results: Bobby Roode vs. James Storm in a Last Man Standing match, Chris Sabin vs. Austin Aries for the X Division Title, ODB vs. Lei'D Tapa, Magnus vs. Garett Bischoff
|9/20 TNA in El Paso, Texas results: Bully Ray vs. Samoa Joe for the TNA Title, James Storm and Gunner vs. Bad Influence in a Texas tornado match for the TNA Tag Titles, ODB vs. Lei'D Tapa for the Knockouts Title
|9/7 TNA in Newark, Delaware: Bully Ray vs. Samoa Joe for the TNA Title, Gail Kim vs. ODB, James Storm and Gunner vs. Christopher Daniels and Kazarian for the TNA Tag Titles, Bobby Roode vs. A.J. Styles
|7/20 TNA in Cape Girardeau: A second report on the five-match, eight wrestler show
|7/20 TNA in Cape Girardeau results: New TNA Champion among the wrestlers prohibited from wrestling by the state athletic commission
|7/5 TNA in Brooklyn, New York: Bully Ray vs. Kurt Angle for the TNA Title, Jeff Hardy vs. Austin Aries in a Bound For Glory Series match, Bobby Roode vs. A.J. Styles vs. Samoa Joe in a three-way, Mickie James vs. Velvet Sky for the Knockouts Title