TNA Live Event
El Paso, Texas
Report by Dot Net reader J Town
We arrived at 6:30 to the Coliseum. The arena was filled with about 200 people. ODB was signing autographs at the merchandise table.
1. Hernandez beat Joseph Park. Hernandez was way over and the crowd was split on Park. Park attempted to shake hands with Hernandez multiple times. Back and forth match with Hernandez doing his usual top rope and springboard shoulder blocks. Hernandez won with a Top Rope Splash. After the match, Park and Hernandez raised each other's arms.
2. ODB defeated Lei'D Tapa to retain the Knockouts Championship. ODB played defense most of the time and had attempted to get the larger woman up for her finisher and eventually hit it to win.
3. Manik beat Eric Young to retain the X Division Championship. EY started the match trying to get a tag from Manik, who gave in, and Young attempted to start wrestling the ref. EY then played referee and made him wrestle Manik. After a back and forth match, Manik beat EY with his gutbuster finisher.
4. James Storm and Gunner beat Bad Influence in a Texas Tornado match to retain the TNA Tag Titles. Before the match, Daniels and Kazarian both cut a heel promo and got good heat. Storm and Gunner quickly overpowered Kazarian and Daniels. Eventually, Kaz and Daniels took control and double teamed Gunner. Storm and Gunner got over and they hit a double team move on Kazarian and pinned him to win.
During the intermission, Brian Hebner signed autographs.
5. Austin Aries beat Bobby Roode. Roode got good heat. Aries got a loud pop. Really good back in forth match and Aries emulated Eddie Guerrero's top rope taunt for Eddie's hometown crowd and hit a Frog Splash for a nice close fall. Eventually Aries revered a suplex for a roll up to win.
6. Bully Ray pinned Samoa Joe to retain the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. Joe got the best reaction of the night and Ray got great heat. Fun match with Ray hitting Joe with his chain after the ref went down, and pinned Joe to win. After the match, Ray tried to hit Joe with the title belt, and Joe came back and kicked Ray out of the ring.
After the show, JB let fans take pictures with Joe for $20.
Notes: A fun event to go to even though only about 200 people showed up. We got floor seats right by the curtains and were able to get closer due to the empty seats.
Eric Young got over after he moved to the apron before the match and tried to get Manik to tag him in so he could wrestle. Both he and Manik rolled to the outside and were almost counted out, and when he tried to hit the ref, the ref went outside and Young got the crowd to count the ref out. As the ref went back in, Young played ref and told him to wrestle Manik, which both the ref and Manik gave in and started to wrestle before the ref gave up.
There were some fun chants, like the usual "This is Awesome," or "TNA." Austin Aries' top rope shoulder dance and Frog Splash got plenty of "Eddie" chants, and I got a kick out of a fan who shouted "STOP IT, YOU'RE KILLING HIM!" when Roode was attacking Aries.
Bully Ray got the most heat as he came out. As he came to the ring, chants of "Where's your ho" started, and he responded by asking the crowd if we thought Brooke was a ho, and Daniel Bryan's "Yes!" chants started. Ray responded by chanting back "No!" by himself, and Joe was getting a kick out of the whole thing.
Overall, a great experience despite a limited number of wrestlers and a very small attendance. It was worth it to me.
1. Samoa Joe
2. Austin Aries
1. Bully Ray
2. Bobby Roode
3. Bad Influence
9/20 TNA in El Paso, Texas results: Bully Ray vs. Samoa Joe for the TNA Title, James Storm and Gunner vs. Bad Influence in a Texas tornado match for the TNA Tag Titles, ODB vs. Lei'D Tapa for the Knockouts Title
Posted in: TNA Live Events
Sep 21, 2013 - 11:00 AM
Sep 21, 2013 - 11:00 AM
© Copyright 2013 by PROWRESTLING.NET