TNA Live Event
Glenville, West Viriginia
Report by Dot Net reader Ben Hough
Before the show started, there was a meet and greet with several stars for 50 dollar ticket holders. Also, if you bought a Jeff Hardy action figure, you got to go backstage and he would sign it for you.
1. Eric Young and ODB beat Hernandez and Sarita. The crowd was hot for EY and ODB. Good opener with tons of comedy spots.
2. Austin Aries beat Kid Kash to retain the X Division Title. Aries was in full babyface mode for the match. Kash was getting booed out of the building. Aries won with the Brainbuster suplex.
3. Gail Kim beat Tara to retain the Knockouts Title. Tara played up the knee injury throughout the match. Tara got a good pop for her entrance. Kim got good heel heat.
4. Magnus and Samoa Joe beat Crimson and Matt Morgan to retain the TNA Tag Titles. Very good tag match. The crowd was really into it. The finish came when Crimson accidentally hit Morgan, leading to Magnus hitting the elbow from the top on Morgan for the pin. Crimson left Morgan alone in the ring after the match.
5. Gunner beat Garrett Bischoff. Despite the posters all over the arena promoting Ric Flair would be there and in Gunner's corner, he was not present and made no appearances during the show. Gunner won after using the ropes for leverage during a roll up. Bischoff got good sympathy heat throughout match.
6. James Storm and Jeff Hardy beat World Champion Bobby Roode and Bully Ray. The original line up had this as Ray vs. Storm and Hardy vs. Roode. The match started as a singles match between Storm and Ray. Roode came out about five minutes in and Ray and Roode started double teaming Storm. Hardy's music hit and he hit the ring and ref Brian Hebner made it a tag team match. Really good main event. Storm pinned Roode after a superkick.
Afterwards, Hardy and Storm did photos in the ring.
Notes: As stated above, despite Ric Flair being promoted for the show and being all over the posters, as well as the live event site, he was not present for the show in any capacity.
Nice sized crowd with the entire floor filled and most of the bleachers full.
Jeff Hardy got by far the loudest and most sustained reaction of the show. The place literally was shaking when his music hit. There was Hardy merchandise everywhere, especially with the younger fans.
Matt Morgan also got a very loud pop and was super over.
2/19 TNA in Glenville, W. Va.: James Storm and Jeff Hardy vs. Bobby Roode and Bully Ray, Ric Flair does not appear as advertised, Magnus and Samoa Joe vs. Matt Morgan and Crimson for the TNA Tag Titles
Posted in: TNA Live Events
Feb 20, 2012 - 09:17 AM
Feb 20, 2012 - 09:17 AM
© Copyright 2012 by PROWRESTLING.NET