TNA Live Event
Report by Dot Net reader James Shaw
This show was the first TNA event I've been to and it was pretty good. Jeremy Borash started the show along with Christy Hemme, they talked about who ever is the loudest gets free backstage passes, didn't see him give a single one out at any time of the night but still...
1. Austin Aries beat Alex Shelly and Mark Haskins to retain the X Division Title. Great opener, they announced Haskins as 'Manchester's own' which was quite funny when he was announced as Nottingham's own on Thursday and he's actually from Oxford! Anyway, great opener. I didn't think much of Haskins, AA is a great worker and a great heel.
2. Crimson beat Douglas Williams. Douglas got a big pop, didn't think much of this match, the crowd were hot but it was kind of obvious that the home town guy was gonna loose when he was up against crimson. It was like squash match in a way because every move doug tried to do, crimson countered it, think this was possibly the worst match on the show. But got to see doug so its not all bad.
3. AJ Styles beat Gunner. AJ got a great reaction, he was one of the guys who I wanted to see most so it was great to see him in a pretty good match. Gunner plays the heel pretty well. AJ tried to do the Styles Clash several times but it was countered by Gunner every time. AJ won with Pele Kick.
4. Mickie James and Tara beat Gail Kim and Madison Rayne in a non title
match. This was my chance to have a look around the arena, there was a lot of people there, apparently their best Manchester attended show on record! I noticed that Dixie carter sits by the sound desk next to the ramp and watches the whole show. Also, she meets and greets with the fans from when the doors open until the show begins. That's what you call fan appreciation! I tweeted her during this match and I got sent a direct message which was pretty cool I thought.
5. Bobby Roode beat Samoa Joe in a TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match. This was from when Joe won that Xplosion Tournament. It was being taped for Xplosion a week from Wednesday in the UK Borash said. This was a solid match, Joe is incredibly over in the UK. If he was this over in Orlando, he would still be main eventing every week instead of tagging with Magnus. This was possibly my favourite match of the night.
Before the main event, Dixie Carter came out to thank the fans.
6. James Storm, Sting and Hulk Hogan beat Kurt Angle, Bully Ray and Bobby Roode. The build of the match was exactly like the Nottingham show was where Roode comes out saying its a handicap match then Hogan comes out to the biggest pop I have ever heard! Bully Ray came out first to cut an awesome promo. He looked very tan. I think he spent too long on the tanning beds. He was talking about how shit England was and especially how shit Manchester was. He ranted on the Manchester United fans and also the Manchester City fans, then said there is only one true great team in this country.
Bully Ray revealed a Liverpool top, and said 'God bless Steven Gerrard and God Bless Liverpool.' Great promo! Kurt Angle then came out to a pop, he was meant to be a heel but he was pandering to the crowd like a face. Storm, Sting, and Hogan got massive pops. The match wasn't a five star classic but it was a very good match that used Hogan and Sting quite a bit. After the match the three faces stayed in the ring for about five minutes while Hogan posed for each side of the crowd.
On the whole, a great match and I would recommend anyone to go and see a TNA house show.
2. Samoa Joe
3. Sting or Storm or AJ Styles
1. Bully Ray
2. Bobby Roode
1/27 TNA in Manchester, England: Bobby Roode vs. Samoa Joe for the TNA Title, Hulk Hogan wrestles in a six-man tag main event, Austin Aries vs. Alex Shelley vs. Mark Haskins for the X Division Title
Posted in: TNA Live Events
Jan 28, 2012 - 08:30 AM
Jan 28, 2012 - 08:30 AM
© Copyright 2012 by PROWRESTLING.NET