TNA in St. Louis, Missouri
Report by Dot Net reader Alex Amsinger.
My dad and I got to Chaifetz Arena around 6:50pm and the show started at 7:30pm. When we got to our seats we were looking around and realized that the attendance was looking quite low. This is due to the Justin Bieber concert being here in St. Louis. So, for a place that normally holds about 10,000 people, only roughly 1,000 seats were used. Anyway, 7:30pm finally rolled around and Christy Hemme came out and sang the National Anthem. She was great. The only thing was her mic was causing her voice to be a more high pitched than what it should be.
After she was done singing she announced that the show would officially start in 5 minutes. The thing that kind of surprised though was the fact that there was a long line at one side of the arena by the floor seats. I later found out that the people that got the Jeff Hardy and AJ Styles action figures could get a photo and get the action figure signed.
The opening of the night was pretty entertaining! Christy announced that James Storm was coming out and when he came out and got into the ring he talked about being in St. Louis and how he talked to some people around St. Louis today. Storm then went on to talk about how he wanted to deal with Aces & 8's.
One of the guys from Aces & 8's came out from behind Storm and ambushed him. Then, Mr. Anderson came out to assist Storm and they brawled with Aces & 8's. Finally, Mr. Anderson said that there should be a tag team match between him and Storm and Aces & 8's. The crowd cheered and later it was announced that the match was going to take place later on.
1. Tara defeated ODB to retain the Knockouts Championship. This match was a typical knockout's match. It was a back and forth match with some funny things in it. When Tara came out she realized that Earl Hebner was the ref for the match and started freaking out about it. She even called him a pervert. Then the new match came out and it was Brian Hebner. She called him a perv as well and it was funny because the whole time Hebner was laughing in her face. Other than that, typical match. Tara retained with the Widow's Peak.
2. Hernandez defeated Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles. Daniels came out and talked trash to the crowd. Next, AJ Styles came out to the second biggest pop of the night. Finally, Hernandez came out and then the match got started. The match was back and forth between AJ and Daniels for the majority of the match. Finally, Hernandez got a few punches in and knocked Daniels out of the ring. Hernandez finally went back and forth with AJ and pinned him. Hernandez defeated Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles
3. Bully Ray defeated Kurt Angle. This match was like an old fashioned match with classic moves from both guys. Bully Ray defeated Kurt Angle and after the match they shook hands and Kurt raised Bully's hand in respect for him. Then, after Kurt got out of the ring, Bully got a mic and said that he was going to call out Devon on Thursday on Impact and was planning on putting him through a table. Bully Ray defeated Kurt Angle
During the intermission I decided to go and get some shirts from the merchandise table. Earl Hebner and Brian Hebner were busy signing Earl's "Damn Right I Did" shirt. So, anyway, I bought my shirts and a few minutes later the show started back up. Then, Christy announced Earl Hebner and he came out and announced that Harley Race was there tonight. He stood up and waved to the crowd.
4. Mr. Anderson and James Storm defeated Aces and Eights. Mr. Anderson came out first and started talking trash and then someone goes "Packers suck!" He just laughed and said that was going to ignore that comment. Then James Storm got in the ring and they did some pretty funny banter with the crowd. Next, Aces & 8's came out and the match started. The match had some pretty fun spots. One particular spot was when Storm landed on the ring on the his stomach and then somehow it ended up in "leap frog" type of game. It was pretty funny! Everyone had a good laugh from that. Otherwise a very nicely done back and forth between both teams. A lot of Aces & 8's trying to double team Storm and Mr. Anderson.
5. Jeff Hardy defeated Bobby Roode to retain the World Heavyweight Championship. This match was kind of typical between the two. It's not that it was a bad match, but, it was just predictable accept some fun spots involving fans that were in the front row. At one point Roode even took a kid's poster and ripped it up. Hardy then tossed him his shirt and the kid tried to trash talk to Roode, but, got intimidated and backed down from Roode. Hardy got a lot of pinfalls and then finally won with Twist of Fate. That was the last match and after it was announced that if you wanted to take a picture with Jeff Hardy you could. There was no return date mentioned.
10/27 TNA in St. Louis: Full report on the show featuring Tara vs. ODB for the Knockouts Championship, Bully Ray vs. Kurt Angle, Aces and Eights in action, and Jeff Hardy vs. Bobby Roode for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Posted in: TNA Live Events
Oct 28, 2012 - 11:32 AM
Oct 28, 2012 - 11:32 AM
© Copyright 2012 by PROWRESTLING.NET