TNA Impact Wrestling TV taping
Report by Dot Net reader Ross McTurtle
1. Rockstar Spud beat Robbie E. There were loud "Spud! Spud! Spud!" chants during the match and the evening as well. Robbie E tried to take The List from Robbie T to use as a weapon maybe but Robbie T wouldn't let go. Spud surprised Robbie E by Rolling him up for the win. After the match both Robbies were in the ring. E started poking T in the chest and he gave him a hell of a slap. T got angry and took his top off while E acted scared and tangled himself in the ropes.
2. James Storm, Joseph Park, Chavo Guerrero, and Hernandez beat Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, Christopher Daniels, and Kazarian. Something incredible happened during the match... MASSIVE "Joseph" chants for Abyss. There must be some days where Chavo just wants to go home. What sounded like a majority of boos just took over the arena when he was in the ring. Roode and Aries walked out of their partners leaving Kaz and Daniels to be destroyed by their opponents.
3. Rob Van Dam beat Kenny King to retain the X Division Title. Meh.. it was alright. King got more of an ovation this time than when he first came out. RVD is RVD. He says there isn't anyone like him but I'm bored of seeing him do the same stuff week in and week out and essentially just phoning it in like he has since he started at TNA. Anyway RVD hit the frog splash for the win.
Hulk Hogan came out and named Bully Ray the No. 1 contender for the TNA Championship at Lockdown. Silly move as it just makes the previous week's Impact pointless. Why have matches to help you decide on a number one contender and then choose someone who wasn't even a part of the matches?
4. Samoa Joe beat Garett Bischoff by DQ when Wes Brisco interfered. When Bischoff was on offense it didn't last long. Joe dominated the match and had the crowd firmly in his corner. There was a massive "you can't wrestle" chant directed at Bischoff during the match. Joe was set to give Bischoff The Muscle Buster when Wes Brisco interfered causing the DQ. Kurt Angle came out to save Joe and send the two rookies running. Angle then announced that he will face Wes Brisco at Lockdown.
5. Velvet Sky beat Gail Kim, Miss Tessmacher and Tars in a four-way elimination match to win the TNA Knockouts Championship. Have I mentioned that I love Gail Kim? She eliminated Tara first and I leapt out my seat because I forgot that It was an elongation match. If you hear a loud "YES!" at that point on TV then yes that was me. Broke was next to go and it came down to Velvet and Gail. Velvet won the match and I died a little inside. She is a horrible wrestler.
6. Mr. Anderson, DOC and Devon beat Bully Ray, Sting and Hulk Hogan in a 6 man tag team match. Hogan's music played twice but he didn't make it out so the match went ahead as a handicap match. Good heat for Aces, but I heard a lot of people ask when Mr. Anderson officially joined Aces and Eights. Maybe they explained at the tapings the night before? Devon really got the crowd to just boo him. I saw so many people give him the finger he played his role brilliantly. The end came with the other members of Aces and Eights dragging out Brooke and Hulk Hogan (who they left lying at the top of the ramp) causing the distraction while Sting got pinned 1, 2, 3.
After the match all of Aces and Eights came out and laid into Sting but the locker emptied and the Aces and Eights were soon out the ring and using their special entrance/exit. JB thanked us for coming and Dixie Carter came out and thanked the crowd, Challenge TV, and the UK in general.
Hulk Hogan (The novelty wore off after he came out for the third time)
Aces & Eights
Robert Roode, Austin Aries, Frankie Kazarian and Christopher Daniels (During the course of the night all four men were being cheered by a very vocal minority.)
Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez (The vocal minority strike again! A lot of hate for Chavo from a lot of the crowd, myself included. He managed to get a few cheers and an Eddie chant when he did the Eddie walk and pointed to the sky.)
All in all a brilliant night and I can't wait to watch it on TV and hopefully hear my one man "Earl is sexy!" chant. If you hear it and are offended then I obviously can't apologize for how I feel. Also JB should just stop lying and just say, "Hey, I'm going to give a bunch of kids that cheer and boo the right people backstage passes." I heard a few people around me say that they were pissed because they couldn't go backstage but this wasn't my first barn dance and I knew the score.
1/26 TNA Impact taping: February 21 TV show report (spoilers)
Jan 27, 2013 - 10:47 AM
Jan 27, 2013 - 10:47 AM
© Copyright 2013 by PROWRESTLING.NET