TNA Impact Wrestling TV taping
Report by Dot Net reader Ross McTurtle
This was the first wrestling show I'd been to in years and also my first ever TV Taping.
When we arrived the cage was already set up. I've always thought that ever since TNA switched back to four sides the ring looks tiny. Anyway...
Jeremy Borash came out and did his usual routine of "Who wants a backstage pass?" and then he told the crowd that the night before at the Manchester tapings that Garrett Bischoff and Wes Brisco were revealed as members of Aces and 8s and that there were new TNA Tag Team Champions. He introduced Christy Hemme (Oh my God! I don't want to make anyone's underwear tight, but the outfits she wore tonight were revealing to say the least) and the show(s) got on the road.
1. Kenny King beat Zema Ion in a escape the cage match to become No. 1 contender to the X Division Championship. The match was okay. It didn't last long and the crowd didn't really get into it until the end.
TNA Impact Wrestling
Hulk Hogan came out and said that he was going to decide on a number contender for the TNA Heavyweight Championship and he announced four matches: Christopher Daniels vs. Magnus, Bobby Roode vs. Austin Aries, Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe, and Rob Van Dam vs. James Storm.
1. Magnus beat Christopher Daniels. The crowd was hot for Magnus. I like Magnus but he was going up against Christopher Daniels who is just on an amazing run now. Good back and forth with Magnus getting the win with an elbow of the top rope and Daniels showing why he is the best thing in TNA just now like has been for a while.
2. Bobby Roode and Austin Aries fought to a double countout. Great match with Roode and Aries stalling with some comedy and then eventually getting pissed at each other and having their match. The end came when Chavo and Hernandez just appeared on the ramp and distracted both Roode and Aries while the ref counted to 10.
3. Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe fought to a no-contest. Wes Briscoe and Garett Bischoff interfered. What else can you expect from these two? Good action with plenty of throws and chops. Briscoe and Bischoff came from a side entrance and interfered in the match but Joe and Angle dealt with them.
4. Gail Kim, Tara, and Jessie beat The Blossom Twins and 'Party' Marty. I love Gail Kim! Standard mixed tag match. Party Marty went for a suicide dive outside but from where I was sitting it looked as if he went way over Jessie's head and landed on the floor. The match finished about two seconds later when Gail Kim gave one of the Blossoms her "eat da feet" finishing move and a minute or so later Party Marty made it to his feet and went to the back. During that time, Gail Kim (I love her!) grabbed a mic and said she wanted a title match and that Brooke Hogan should make it happen. Brooke Hogan came out and set up a four-way elimination match for the TNA Knockouts Championship.
5. James Storm beat Rob Van Dam. The crowd was hot for both men. Neither are favorites of mine but the crowd was into them both. RVD's really starting to look his age. The end came with Storm hitting his last call superkick for the win.
Hulk Hogan came out again to name the No. 1 contender to the TNA Heavyweight Championship, but Aces and 8's showed up. Then Sting came out with a bat in hand and then out came Bully with a bat too, which scared Aces and 8's away.
1/26 TNA Impact taping: A detailed report on the taping for the February 14 television show (spoilers)
Jan 27, 2013 - 10:46 AM
Jan 27, 2013 - 10:46 AM
© Copyright 2013 by PROWRESTLING.NET