Chris Shore is at the ROH live event in Greensboro, N.C. and is sending updates from the building. You must refresh the page for the latest updates.
All of the ROH talent came to ringside for a Bison Smith tribute.
1. Mike "The Prodigy" Bennett beat T.J. Perkins. Bennett won the match by grabbing the ropes on a dirty pin.
The Bravado Brothers made their entrance, and then The All Night Express made their entrance for the tag match. The Young Bucks attacked ANX from behind and left Rhett Titus lying with a chair shot to the leg. Titus was unable to compete, so he asked the crowd to pick a partner for Kenny King. The Bravados rejected that idea, so it appears to be a handicap match.
2. The All Night Express defeated The Bravado Brothers. It started as a handicap match with Titus backstage, but he limped out and took the hot tag. ANX won with their version of the Doomsday Device.
3. Jay Lethal defeated Adam Cole in a Proving Ground match. Cole hit a dangerous looking German suplex on the edge of the ring. Lethal came back with Lethal Injection and got the win.
It was announced that the official after party will be held at Hooters, which is a sponsor for the show.
4. The Young Bucks beat Cedric Alexander and Caprice Coleman. The Bucks won after a combo piledriver. Coleman sold big.
Intermission. There was a lengthy delay that may have been production related
5. Andy Ridge beat an unknown wrestler. Shore didn't catch Ridge's opponent's name. Ridge bled from the nose at one point. He got the win with a roll down sunset flip.
Jim Cornette and Kevin Kelly did an in-ring appearance with the manager of the local SBG affiliate. They recorded an interview, presumably for local television.
6. Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Eddie Edwards, and El Generico defeated Mark Briscoe, Jay Briscoe, Roderick Strong, and Michael Elgin in an elimination match in one hour and twenty minutes. The heel Briscoes came out to a giant pop. They received the best reaction of the night thus far. Generico's pop was almost as big. Good reactions for the other babyfaces. The crowd is chanting "Man Up." How are the Briscoes heels?
24 minutes in and it was total pandemonium. At the 30 minute mark, the referee ordered Benjamin and Jay Briscoe into the ring or threatened that they would be disqualified. Shore's over/under on the match is one hour and 40 minutes at this point since there have not been any eliminations. The babyfaces did a ten-punch bit on the heels in each of the four corners.
Shelton Benjamin was eliminated by Jay Briscoe 47 minutes in.
Mark Briscoe was eliminated via an Angle Slam from Haas roughly 48 minutes in.
Charlie Haas was eliminated by Strong via rollup. Haas hit Jay Briscoe with a chair on his way out.
Jay Briscoe was eliminated via brainbuster from Generico. The crowd is starting to thin in the section nearest the exits, but those who stuck around are still pretty hot.
El Generico was eliminated by Michael Elgin with a spinning powerbomb. We had this wrong initially. Our apologies for the confusion.
Michael Elgin was eliminated by Eddie Edwards via rollup at one-hour-and-14 minutes. The match is down to Edwards and Strong. The crowd is ready for the finish. Strong put Edwards through a table on the floor from the second rope. The crowd got right back into the match.
Roderick Strong was eliminated when Eddie Edwards forced him to tap one hour and 20 minutes into the match. Edwards was the lone survivor and won the match for his team.
12/4 ROH in Greensboro, N.C. live coverage: Two-hour time limit match featuring Charlie Haas, Shelton Benjamin, Eddie Edwards, and El Generico vs. The Briscoes, Roderick Strong, and Michael Elgin
Dec 4, 2011 - 03:35 PM
Dec 4, 2011 - 03:35 PM
© Copyright 2011 by PROWRESTLING.NET