12/14 Zimmerman's ROH 2013 Final Battle live coverage results: Adam Cole vs. Jay Briscoe vs. Michael Elgin in a Triple Threat for the ROH Title, Eddie Edwards and a mystery partner vs. Jay Lethal and Roderick Strong
By Zack Zimmerman
ROH Final Battle 2013
New York, N.Y. at the Hammerstein, Ballroom
Dark: Brutal Burgers (Bob Evans and Cheeseburger) beat an unknown team. The babyfaces got the win when Cheeseburger hit a stunner while being carried piggyback by Evans.
1. Matt Hardy beat Adam Page with the Twist of Fate.
2. Silas Young beat Mark Briscoe in a strap match.
3. The Young Bucks beat Adrenaline Rush with More Bang for your Buck. Early favorite for match of the night, great action.
4. Kevin Steen beat Michael Bennett (w/ Maria Kanellis) by referee stoppage after three package piledrivers, the third on top of open chairs. The stretcher gimmick was thrown out about 5 minutes into the match. Post-match, Maria slapped Steen and took a package piledriver of her own.
Intermish. They announced a return date to the Hammerstein for May 17.
5. ReDragon (Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly) beat Outlaw Inc. (Homicide and Eddie Kingston) to retain the ROH Tag Titles with a chairshot/brainbuster combo. Crowd turned on Outlaw Inc, and really this match as a whole. A friend who traveled from Canada called this the worst match he's seen in the eight Final Battles he's attended. Post-match, Outlaw Inc. turned heel and threw garbage cans into the ring. This whole thing was lame.
6. Tommaso Ciampa beat Matt Taven (w/ Truth Martini, Kasey Ray, and Scarlett) to win the ROV TV Title by submission. Quick match but really well done.
7. Eddie Edwards and BJ Whitmer beat Roderick Strong and Jay Lethal when Edwards used an O'Connor roll. Post-match, Edwards gave his send off speech. Then, Roderick Strong and BJ Whitmer joined forces and turned on Edwards. Jimmy Jacobs ran in and hit Edwards with a spike, before taking the mic and forming an apparent heel alliance with Strong and Whitmer.
8. Adam Cole beat Michael Elgin and Jay Briscoe to retain the ROH World Title. Cole scored the win with a rollup on Elgin after Matt Hardy ran in to help Cole.
After the match, Cole and Hardy had laid everyone out and were standing tall when Chris Hero's music hit. The crowd exploded. He entered the ring through the crowd and knocked out Hardy and Cole. He then took a mic, said it wouldn't be Final Battle without Chris MF'n Hero, he announced he was back, and he challenged Adam Cole for down the road. Red hot close to a pretty solid show.
RECOMMEND THIS ARTICLE:
READ OUR INSIDER NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! BECOME A MEMBER FOR JUST $7.50 A MONTH (or less with a year-long sub) - GET THE FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE INSIDER DOT NET NEWS, TONS OF EXCLUSIVE AUDIO CONTENT, MEMBER MESSAGE BOARD ACCESS, START YOUR OWN BLOG, AND VIEW THE SITE WITHOUT ANY ADVERTISING: SIGN ME UP (or MORE INFO)
RELATED ARTICLES FROM MGID AFFILIATE SITES...