7/6 WWE in Kingston, Ontario results: Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins, Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio in a Last Man Standing match for the U.S. Championship, Cameron and Naomi vs. Rosa Mendes and Summer Rae
WWE Live Event
Kingston, Ontario at Rogers K-Rock Centre
Report by Dot Net reader Nic Rossetti
Byron Saxton was our ring announcer for he evening. CM Punk chants started early but died quick.
1. Diego, El Torito and Sin Cara defeated Titus O'Neil, Heath Slater and Hornswoggle. The crowd loved everyone involved. After the match ended, Slater and Hornswoggle had a disagreement, which lead to Slater getting shoved, and leaving. Hornswoggle and Titus then hugged, which was kind of awkward.
2. Bo Dallas beat Tyson Kidd. Kidd mocked Dallas celebrating and running outside the ring at one point early in the match. I think it was after Tyson hit a drop kick. Bo came back for a second Bo-dog after the match. The crowd chanted "Tighty Whities" at Bo early on.
3. Adam Rose over Xavier Woods. The crowd crapped all over the match. The Punk chants picked up a little bit, only to die again. Rose stopped during his victory party to acknowledge the only guy there to buy an Adam Rose t-shirt. The Exotic Express loved the shirt as well and did a little dance. There were probably 7 or 8 rosebuds, including the bunny. The crowd did hum the song at different points throughout, and a Rick James chant picked up a tiny bit of steam for Xavier Woods.
The Connor "The Crusher" Michalek tribute video played.
4. Dean Ambrose defeated Seth Rollins by DQ. Rollins hit Ambrose with the briefcase for the DQ. Ambrose hit Rollins with the briefcase afterward.
Byron Saxton reminded us that Battleground is live on pay per view in two weeks. He then announced a brief intermission, which was about 25 minutes.
5. Naomi and Cameron defeated Rosa Mendes and Summer Rae. Cameron walked out when Naomi went for a tag. Naomi picked up the win.
6. Big E beat Damien Sandow. Sandow came out to a chorus of boos. After telling us that wasn't good enough, he had his music shut off and told us he would come back through the curtain, they would play his music again, and he would get the ovation he deserves. Once he came back, he actually got a decent pop. Big E was really over.
7. Sheamus defeated Alberto Del Rio in a Last Man Standing match to retain the United States Championship. The entire crowd wanted tables the entire match. Sheamus grabbed a chair towards the end of the match and we still wanted tables. He dropped the chair, and grabbed a table. The table was the most over. Del Rio took a powerbomb through the table followed by the Brogue Kick for the win.
Notes: Ultimate Warrior masks and John Cena gear were the hottest items at the merch table. Part of the arena was tarped off to allow for the entrance. The arena seats nearly 5,000 total. A rough guess would have been a quarter to half full, which is usual. Tickets sold right up until 7 p.m., when the show started. Local ads had Daniel Bryan listed as champ defending versus Kane up until a week before when it was changed to Sheamus vs Kane, and finally Sheamus vs. Del Rio.
Damien Sandow (the first time he came out)
Alberto Del Rio
RECOMMEND THIS ARTICLE:
READ OUR INSIDER NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! BECOME A MEMBER FOR JUST $7.50 A MONTH (or less with a year-long sub) - GET THE FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE INSIDER DOT NET NEWS, TONS OF EXCLUSIVE AUDIO CONTENT, MEMBER MESSAGE BOARD ACCESS, START YOUR OWN BLOG, AND VIEW THE SITE WITHOUT ANY ADVERTISING: SIGN ME UP (or MORE INFO)
RELATED ARTICLES FROM MGID AFFILIATE SITES...