7/27 WWE in Dallas results: Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton in a No DQ match with Ric Flair as special referee, A.J. Lee vs. Paige for the Divas Championship, Rusev vs. Jack Swagger, Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose
WWE Live Event
Report by Dot Net reader Mitchell Duncan
This was my first live event, so I didnt know what to expect. Nice crowd, pretty full lower bowl, lots of kids. Very limited merch. and mostly for people not attending, aside from orton. They still sell the crap out of shield stuff.
1. Dean Ambrose beat Seth Rollins by DQ. A good match, but not very electric like I thought it would be. Major heat for Rollins, although he was ASKING for it.
2. Bo Dallas pinned Zack Ryder via botched Bo-dog. Bo needs a new finisher badly. He did his little "Hey little buddy.." routine afterwards.
3. Sin Cara defeated Damien Sandow (as a Texan, great exaggeration). Sin Cara won via Swanton Bomb. After Sin Cara left, Sandow said the people didn't pay to watch him lose, bring out anybody who wants a match. Enter Khali. One chop, finish, 1-2-3 done. Khali danced in the ring. He is massive in person!
4. AJ Lee over Paige via submission to retain the Divas Championship. The match dragged on with a few run around the ring chase scenes. I expected better. Both had a good pop coming out
5. Dolph Ziggler over Alberto Del Rio with the Zig Zag. Great match. Big pop for Ziggler, who celebrated with the crowd afterward. Before the match, the crowd sang Ziggler happy birthday. Del Rio used that ammo during the match.
Adam Rose faced Justin Gabriel in a fan vote dance off. I voted at least 200 times for a match, but to no avail the dance off won 51-49. As soon as it was Rose's turn, Gabriel attacked from behind and got a few shots in. Soon after, Rose hit his signature offense and finisher, then danced off to the back with the Rosebuds.
6. Rusev (w/Lana) defeated Jack Swagger (w/Zeb Colter). Rusev and lana came out and cut a small promo and was cut off by Swagger's music. There was a loud "We the people." It was awesome. Zeb got on the mic and said they were in (enter Texas nicknames here). Good heat for Rusev, loud USA chants throughout. Rusev won with the Accolade.
7. Goldust and Stardust beat Ryback and Curtis Axel. Seeing Goldust and Stardust in person was awesome. They are a little strange, but they seem to have won over the fans with this getup. Ryback is enormous in person.
8. Roman Reigns defeated Randy Orton in a No DQ match with Ric Flair special guest referee. Randy actually got a loud pop, mostly from the ladies. Reigns entrance was LOUD. Reigns is quickly learning what it takes to be a top star. He was good. A few big spots with the steps on the floor, and Reigns went through a table. He hit his Superman punch and spear for the 1-2-3. Flair took a few bumps, landed a few chops on Orton, counted the 1-2-3, and was outta there. He doesn't need to be doing this anymore and he looked to be in quite some pain.
Overall, a good show. I liked the star power (with Raw being in Houston on Monday). For a first-timer without much expectation, it was worth my ticket price.
RECOMMEND THIS ARTICLE:
READ OUR INSIDER NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! BECOME A MEMBER FOR JUST $7.50 A MONTH (or less with a year-long sub) - GET THE FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE INSIDER DOT NET NEWS, TONS OF EXCLUSIVE AUDIO CONTENT, MEMBER MESSAGE BOARD ACCESS, START YOUR OWN BLOG, AND VIEW THE SITE WITHOUT ANY ADVERTISING: SIGN ME UP (or MORE INFO)
RELATED ARTICLES FROM MGID AFFILIATE SITES...