7/18 WWE in Pensacola results: Roman Reigns vs. Kane, Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose, Rusev vs. Jack Swagger, The Uso Brothers vs. Luke Harper and Erick Rowan vs. Ryback and Curtis Axel for the WWE Tag Titles
WWE Live Event
Report by Dot Net reader Noah Howell
I arrived at the show just about the time the doors opened and quickly found my seat. About thirty minutes before the show started, A commercial for the WWE Network aired and they announced you could vote for a match or a dance off between Adam Rose and Damien Sandow (or whoever he decides to dress up as). Tons of wooos before the show kicked off. Very active crowd.
Seth Rollins appeared on the Tron to major boos and told Dean Ambrose his time stopping him from cashing in was over. The Usos then appeared on the Tron and got their hometown crowd going. Eden was the ring announcer for tonight.
1. Rusev (w/Lana) beat Jack Swagger. First out was Rusev and Lana to boos. Rusev is small in person compared to TV. Lana cut her typical promo praising Vladimir Putin. Jack Swagger came out to a monster pop and loud We The People chants. Rusev won with The Accolade in about 15 minutes. Very good match. The crowd was very active for this one.
Kane appeared on the Tron to talk about how he would be the last man standing.
Damien Sandow came out dressed in a wife beater and a bathing suit to small boos. He called Florida the stupidest state in America. Adam Rose arrived with a few rosebuds to a good pop (even that stupid bunny was there). The fans voted for a dance off at 61%. Boooooo.
Rose danced to his own music. Sandow hit him from behind after rose did a twerk. Rose ended this brief brawl with the party fowl. Glad it ended quickly. Sandow stayed in the ring and issued an open challenge claiming people paid to see him win. Cue Khali. Seeing him walk live is painful to see.
2. Khali beat Damien Sandow. Khali with a chop to the head in 15 seconds.
3. Dean Ambrose beat Seth Rollins by DQ in 20 minutes. This was the match I wanted to see most. Rollins came out to loud boos and "you sold out" chants. Ambrose entered to loud cheers. Amazing match with tons of near falls. I must make a note of this, Ambrose hit a tornado DDT out of the corner and Rollins sold it like a boss by head standing before dropping. Rollins was disqualified when he beat down Ambrose with the Money In The Bank briefcase.
They played a commercial about Conner Michalek, the boy who had cancer. It was a very touching commercial.
4. Sheamus beat Cesaro and Dolph Ziggler in a Triple Threat to retain the U.S. Title. Ziggler was out first to a small pop to my surprise. Out came Cesaro to crickets to my surprise once again. Tough crowd for these two. Sheamus got the huge pop as he made his entrance. Sheamus won after a brogue kick to Cesaro as he set up Ziggler for the Neutralizer. Another good match. This show has been very impressive for the first half.
5. Paige, Summer Rae, and Nikki Bella beat Alicia Fox, Rosa Mendes and Layla after Paige made Alicia tap out. Nikki Bella was out first to a loud pop, Summer Rae to small applause, and Paige to a monster pop. I'm not kidding, she is over here in Florida. On the other Diva team, Layla entered to crickets. Alicia Fox got some cheers but nothing spectacular, then Rosa Mendes entered and there was not a cheer or boo for her either. No AJ Lee equals Bad For Business. A good match for what it was.
6. The Uso Brothers defeated Luke Harper and Erick Rowan, and Ryback and Curtis Axel in a Triple Threat elimination match to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship. Rybaxel had decent heat. The Wyatt sounded played next to a monster pop, only Harper and Rowan entered to their new music. The Uso Brothers got a giant pop when they entered the fray. Rybaxel was out first after Axel hit a PerfectPlex on Rowan and the ate an Uso splash. Ryback is hilarious live. The crowd ate it up.
The Uso's retained after a very entertaining sequence between them and the Wyatt's.
7. Roman Reigns beat Kane. Kane entered to monster boos, and Reigns got what I call a Stone Cold Pop. Reigns won after spearing him through a table. An amazing, absolutely amazing moment after the match when Roman thanked the fans for coming and brought out the Uso's to help celebrate.
Overall, a very memorable show. I highly recommend you see a house show this year.
RECOMMEND THIS ARTICLE:
READ OUR INSIDER NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! BECOME A MEMBER FOR JUST $7.50 A MONTH (or less with a year-long sub) - GET THE FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE INSIDER DOT NET NEWS, TONS OF EXCLUSIVE AUDIO CONTENT, MEMBER MESSAGE BOARD ACCESS, START YOUR OWN BLOG, AND VIEW THE SITE WITHOUT ANY ADVERTISING: SIGN ME UP (or MORE INFO)
RELATED ARTICLES FROM MGID AFFILIATE SITES...