1/25 ROH in Pittsburgh results: Adam Cole and Matt Hardy vs. Chris Hero and Michael Elgin vs. The Briscoe Brothers in a three-way elimination tag, Kevin Steen vs. Kyle O'Reilly, Paul London misses the show
ROH Wrestling's Finest
Pittsburgh, Pa. at the David L. Lawrence Center
Report by Dot Net reader Tommy Paslaski
1. BJ Whitmer and Jimmy Jacobs (w/Roderick Strong) over ACH and TD Thomas. Whitmer and Jacobs won in about 12 minutes when they hit a double team neckbreaker on ACH for the win. The crowd was hot!
Bobby Cruise just announced Paul London would not be appearing due to flight issues. Instead they're giving us 3 TV main events. Bummer.
2. Hanson defeated Raymond Rowe to win the Top Prospect Tournament. One looked like a Wyatt and the other a short version of Tomko with a goatee.
3. Michael Bennett (w/Maria) defeated The Romantic Touch. Rhett Titus wore a mask. It was like the old Addicted to Love character except he was wearing a mask).Â Maria got on the mic and said she taught Bennett a new finishing move. Bennett cut a promo saying he's better than the best. Loud CM Punk chants. Rhett had Bennett beat, but Maria got up on the apron and distracted him. He tried to give her a box of chocolates, which Maria ate then threw in his face, allowing Bennett to recover. Bennett won with the Anaconda Vice in about 8 minutes.
4. Tommaso Ciampa beat Matt Taven and Jay Lethal in a three-way to retain the ROH TV Title. Taven came out with the Hoopla Hotties, and later on Truth Martini came out and said Taven has changed since Final Battle. Taven said he's doing things on his own now. Basically, Truth said Hoopla is now banned. Sad breakup. I love Hoopla. Ciampa pinned Taven in 11 minutes with Project Ciampa after Truth grabbed Taven's leg by the ropes tripping him up. Awesome match!Â
5. Cedric Alexander beat Andrew Everett. A surprisingly awesome match! Alexander won with some kind of backbreaker variation in 11 minutes. The crowd was on their feet and chanting "That was awesome!" after the match.
6. Kevin Steen defeated Kyle O'Reilly in about 15 minutes with the Sharpshooter. The crowd was really into it. After the match, Cliff Compton came out and jumped the barricade. He and Steen started throwing ROH "security" around before they faced off against each other. Steen threw Compton over the ropes and went to put him through a table, but Compton punched him in the balls. Steen was on the table and Compton connected with a Superfly Splash off the top rope.
Prior to the main event, ring announcer Bobby Cruise announced that whoever could submit Adam Cole that person would get a future ROH Title shot. Strange, but okay.
7. Chris Hero and Michael Elgin defeated Adam Cole and Matt Hardy, and The Briscoe Brothers in a three-way elimination tag match. Matt Hardy pinned Mark Briscoe after a Twist of Fate 24 minutes in to eliminate the Briscoes. Hero pinned Cole in 30 minutes with the Rolling Elbow, so Elgin and Hero got the win. Afterward, Elgin got on the mic and said he would be ROH World Champ by the time they come back to Pittsburgh. That's all she wrote.
I'd say there was about 1,000 to 1,100 fans in attendance. The place was packed! I'm guessing a lot of people were here for the Royal Rumble tomorrow too.
RECOMMEND THIS ARTICLE:
READ OUR INSIDER NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! BECOME A MEMBER FOR JUST $7.50 A MONTH (or less with a year-long sub) - GET THE FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE INSIDER DOT NET NEWS, TONS OF EXCLUSIVE AUDIO CONTENT, MEMBER MESSAGE BOARD ACCESS, START YOUR OWN BLOG, AND VIEW THE SITE WITHOUT ANY ADVERTISING: SIGN ME UP (or MORE INFO)
RELATED ARTICLES FROM MGID AFFILIATE SITES...
From Around the Web