06/30 Pruett's Weekly Power Rankings: Will Pruett uses his biased eye and tremendous discernment to break down the top ten wrestlers in WWE, TNA, ROH, PWG... hell, the entire industry
By Will Pruett
These rankings are scientifically calculated by the Rank-o-matic 4000 and verified by four out of five top scientists in the wrestling arts. They are to be taken solemnly and with absolute seriousness.
1. John Cena (by default). So, the perennial champion is champion again. Some people consider this quite boring and are complaining about it online (because that's what happens when Cena wins). Cena was the only option for WWE in a difficult situation. Sometimes you have to go with the obvious choice. It's not fun for everyone, but it keeps things going.
2. Rusev. If he were in a best of 1,000,000 series with Big E, he'd be on this list every week. Crush.
3. Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish. They're the best tag team in the world right now and furiously entertaining. What more could you want?
4. Kurt Angle. TNA's new authority figure is a babyface (for now) and focused on evening the playing field (for now). This was a quality position for Angle in 2003 and it's a quality position for him now.
5. Matt Hardy. Apparently he will not die. Hardy had an awesome match at ROH's Best in the World and, by all accounts, a set of good appearances at this week's New York City TNA Impact tapings. Hardy is performing exceptionally on the indie scene and his personal problems haven't surfaced in a long while. Good for Matt.
6. Seth Rollins. The Briefcase, especially in a year with only one, is a pretty big deal. Rollins is now in procession of WWE's emergency panic button. He is one moment away from being WWE Champion. This heel run has been more good than bad for him and holding the Money in the Bank briefcase is a big chance to break out.
7. Ladders. It's been a pretty big week for ladders with two of the three leading wrestling companies using them in major matches. Ladders are the very best things for getting things from high places.
8. Summer Rae. Hopefully this horrendously sexist story with Fandango and Layla is over for Summer Rae and she can become the heel she plays on Total Divas. She's too good to spend time in this awful story.
9. Vickie Guerrero. It's not that Vickie has been amazing for her entire run, but she has been really good for a great deal of it. Congratulations on moving on and thanks for a great run, Vickie!
10. Dean Ambrose. He was great on the Money in the Bank show. That's all.
Just missing the cut: Michael Elgin, Adam Cole, Sheamus, Bray Wyatt, Dolph Ziggler, Lashley, Rockstar Spud, Taryn Terrell, Brie Bella, and El Torito.
Nowhere near this list: Fandango, Layla, Adam Rose, the bunny, and B-Boy.
Will Pruett writes about wrestling in a facetious and often humorous way. Feel free to email him at email@example.com or to follow him and interact on twitter @itswilltime.
RECOMMEND THIS ARTICLE:
READ OUR INSIDER NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! BECOME A MEMBER FOR JUST $7.50 A MONTH (or less with a year-long sub) - GET THE FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE INSIDER DOT NET NEWS, TONS OF EXCLUSIVE AUDIO CONTENT, MEMBER MESSAGE BOARD ACCESS, START YOUR OWN BLOG, AND VIEW THE SITE WITHOUT ANY ADVERTISING: SIGN ME UP (or MORE INFO)
RELATED ARTICLES FROM MGID AFFILIATE SITES...
From Around the Web